Leatherman Wave

• hamms
    Mn

I recently broke my gerber multi tool, jaw broke… I have been looking into the leathermans now since made in Portland Oregon USA. I like what the wave has to offer. My biggest things are good blade, scissors, both screw drivers and saw is nice to have along with a file. I use my file a lot to remove barb on hooks or sharpen hooks on jigs… Those of you with a leatherman which one you like most? I thought about the wingman but have to go actually look at them yet. I am not looking for cheap I like quality tools. Thanks

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I’ve had two, lost the first one, still have the 2nd one, very good product!!!

Mark

BBKK
    IA

I carry a leatherman every day for my “working” knife. Mine is the old leatherman kick. Not great for fishing as it does not have a file, but I still carry it all the time.

The blades in them are fantastic. When I pulled mine out of the boat earlier this year it was rusted up and the blade was dull. I got it all cleaned up and hit the blade over a 400 grit ceramic stone, then an 800 grit arkansas stone.. After 2 minutes of work it was sharp enough to shave with. The edge lasts me about a week of hard use cutting cardboard and packaging materials at work before it needs to be touched up again. Not even dull, just not razor sharp anymore. Great steel!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

My father bought each of us (my brothers and I) a Leatherman something like 22 years ago. SOLID construction, leather case, everything I could ask for. About 9 years ago, I broke the screw driver. Too much force on something I shouldn’t have been using it for. Sent it to Leatherman… and received a brand new one back. Some time later.. about 3 years ago, again, using it for something I shouldn’t have, I broke one of the pliers teeth. Sent back to leatherman, and got a brand new one back.

Now, I have put these through their paces and the couple breaks I have had, I can blame nobody but myself. BUT.. Leatherman has stood by their product and take care of me each and every time. I use it at least once a week.. and couldn’t be happier.

That’s all I got to say.

BBKK
    IA

Leatherman has the best warranty in the knife industry IMO. 25 years, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Send in a broken tool and you get a new one, or your tool fixed, no questions asked. There’s videos on youtube of guys going to pawn shops looking for old broken leatherman tools for stupid cheap, then they send them in and get brand new tools.

tr
    Plymouth

I have 4 of them, 3 of the larger ones and one of the smaller ones. I keep them in my car, tool box and tackle box. not a better tool out there. You need to look at what you do and what you want in the tool. I am a firm believer of you can never have enough tools. You will be happy with any of the true Leatherman’s, not a knock off on the market that can stand up to THe all mighty Leatherman. happy shopping.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

You won’t go wrong with the American made wave. Wish the saw had a little more beef but like stated, just send it back and it will be replaced, no questions asked. Now if they just came out with a multi just for fisherman then they would be on to something

hamms
    Mn

Thanks guys. I thought about trying to have warranty replace or fix but they stated on their site they need copy of purchase … I don’t have that was in 1998

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Thanks guys. I thought about trying to have warranty replace or fix but they stated on their site they need copy of purchase … I don’t have that was in 1998

Lawyers have certain verbal requirements, I’m sure a call to customer service would take care of the receipt issue.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

It doesn’t say anywhere on the page that I posted that they require proof of purchase or receipt.

Submit your info on the web page and see what happens. 99.9% chance they’ll fix it. What do you have to lose?

Grouse

hamms
    Mn

Good point going to try. And get new leatherman

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.