Beef Jerky Quest

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Where have you bought (NOT MADE) the best jerky? Yesterday I saw a post on WC that led me to a place called Dublin Jerky Company in Michigan. They say its great and I cant wait for it to arrive. I used to have go-to places around here for solid jerky but not anymore.

stuart
    Mn.

Dennison meat locker in Dennison Mn.Just south of Northfield.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

McDonald’s Meats in Clear Lake, MN. I’ve been amazed what they can do with venison. I can only imagine what their beef products are like.

We have all our specialty venison done there, and the teriyaki jerky is always the first gone.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

McDonald’s Meats in Clear Lake, MN. I’ve been amazed what they can do with venison. I can only imagine what their beef products are like.

We have all our specialty venison done there, and the teriyaki jerky is always the first gone.

X2!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Quote:

Yep, they win awards at the state fair every year. Schmidt’s in Nicollet is awesome as well.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Dixies on Grand Ave, St Paul

tbrooks11

Gregs meats just north of Cannon Falls is my personal favorite!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I keep forgetting about Gregs! Thanks.
    Bought from McDonalds years ago so thanks for that reminder too. I see they sell online which is necessary for the ones far away.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hilltop meats in Mankato

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Too bad they don’t sell the venison jerky online, it sounds good.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I’m not a huge jerky guy, I like it but sparingly. I love Louie’s meat market in Cumberland WI. Great sausage and brats, award winning. I go there a couple times a year with a couple coolers. I honestly don’t know about their jerky though, maybe someone can chime in.
    Great sausage though!

llong

Little meat market just across the border in st. Albans iowa. Over in the hokah area.

barc
    SE MN

That would be City Meat Market in New Albin, IA.
    Great old-time meat market and excellent job on anything out of the smoker.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Schmidt’s in Nicollet
    Greg’s in Cannon Falls

Both are excellent.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hard to beat Wicks in Kandiyohi

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

How do you like your jerky? My favorite is really dry and tough. Hoffman’s in detroit lakes is my favorite that is somewhat close to my place. Not sure if they ship but if you are ever in there area stop in and try it out.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Any of you guys know of a place in WI that makes venison bacon? Family member gets it made every year, but won’t tell me the place that does it. Quite possibly the most delicious venison ever!

tbrooks11

When I was younger my dad used to drive us to West Concord and there was a little old meat locker in town that had some really good jerky. Unfortunately that was a long time ago so I cant remember the name, can anyone help me out?

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

Ya north of Baldwin,WI on 63 to 46 ,Deers Locker I think, its in Deer Park,WI. thats where a couple of guys I fish with-against have gone and it’s good!
    Stan.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

How do you like your jerky? My favorite is really dry and tough. Hoffman’s in detroit lakes is my favorite that is somewhat close to my place. Not sure if they ship but if you are ever in there area stop in and try it out.

I like it dry and tough too. Couple that with outstanding flavor and its candy.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Any of you guys know of a place in WI that makes venison bacon? Family member gets it made every year, but won’t tell me the place that does it. Quite possibly the most delicious venison ever!

Thielen Meats in Pirez makes a mean Venison Bacon

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Quote:

Ya north of Baldwin,WI on 63 to 46 ,Deers Locker I think, its in Deer Park,WI. thats where a couple of guys I fish with-against have gone and it’s good!
    Stan.

That’s what I was thinking as well. Wasn’t overly impressed with the deer I’ve had them do, but if their bacon is the same, they will get another shot from me.

stillwaiting
    rochester mn

Quote:

Gregs meats just north of Cannon Falls is my personal favorite!

x2 Greg’s is awesome and a great selection . Hillbilly jerky is my favorite

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, they win awards at the state fair every year. Schmidt’s in Nicollet is awesome as well.

Just got our brats, sticks and jerky back from them. I could x10 this from all the others that would agree.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Unfortunately the stuff I ordered from Dublin was not that impressive. Texture and cut was nice but its almost indistinguishable from plain old Jack Links original beef. I might try another flavor before writing them off.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

Unfortunately the stuff I ordered from Dublin was not that impressive. Texture and cut was nice but its almost indistinguishable from plain old Jack Links original beef. I might try another flavor before writing them off.

What did you order from them?
    I ordered the elk, buffalo, venison and rabbit.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Regular beef. Don’t get me wrong, its high quality and good stuff. I’m just on a quest for “my” perfect jerky.

I also ordered a small amount of hot beef but haven’t tried that yet. I’ll go do that now and update.

Edit. Cough. Cough. Oh boy. The Hell Fire Beef is hot as the name would imply. A little better taste too. Not bad when you want a jolt.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

Regular beef. Don’t get me wrong, its high quality and good stuff. I’m just on a quest for “my” perfect jerky.

I’ve tried many of different beef jerkies and the walmart teriyaki and peppered jerkies are my favorite. It’s not too tough and full of flavor.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.