Family Long Weekend Question

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

So I wanna take my family that includes my wife, two daughters two granddaughters and two men that belong with my daughters…

In JULY…

On the water not a must but would be best

We will fish

We will golf (big boy golf and mini golf)

some eat out and maybe make our own food

shops for shopping for the girls

within 8 hours of PdC Wi

Looking for some personal experiences in a positive response !!!!

PM’s or post here !!!

thanks all !!!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Almost every summer we go to the Brainerd area. We mostly stay at Breezy Point on Pelican Lake.

FDR

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Hayward area. Make sure you tube the Namakagan River. There are alot of places on VRBO to rent or there are lots of resorts in the area too.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

X2 on Hayward area. Not as busy as Brainerd area lakes. Lots of smaller lakes to hide from the crowds, and as mentioned above, the Namekagon cannot be beat! Wether it’s tubing, renting canoes, etc. the fishing on the river is also amazing!!

eyesonly

We have been going to. Hiawatha beach resort on leach lake the last few years and it has everything you have mentioned that’s important to you guys. Very nice staff and my wife loves the shopping in walker.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

park rapids area. Resorts in every price range, beautiful lakes and golf coarses. blueberry pines is a nice course just south of town.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

x 3 on Hayward.
    As mentioned, lots of smaller lakes and of course, you have the Chippewa Flowage. Maybe not the greatest fishing, but proabbly the most beautiful.
    Town of Hayward has everything the girls will want + some.
    Make sure if you go to check out the Angry Minnow Brewhouse.

usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

x4 on the Hayward area, but….. I would look at Garmish resort on Lake Namakagen. My absolute favorite place to eat in the area, rent one of their cabins and you can cook out if you like. Their head Chef Mike is a good local guide and can help on fishing ideas and Cable with many of their shops is just down the road. Hayward is only 25 min away.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

If you haven’t been up the North Shore to Fort William Thunder Bay it would be well worth the trip. Fort William

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Nooker:

I would never stop you from going to Hayward, but will throw out the Minocqua area as well… All those things to do. I work at Fibber’s resort on Big St. Germain Lake. You are in between Minocqua and Eagle River with all sorts of family activities to do. Big boy and mini golf within 3 miles of the resort. Actaully one of the better par 3 courses in the country as well. Big St. Germain has pretty good panfishing, assuming you will be fishing deeper water patterns by then, walleye, both bass species and musky. The owner is one of the best multispecies guides in the Northwoods. Great food and bar to boot.

One hint about any of these places… you need to do your homework pretty fast as most, if not all these locations I would assume are pretty booked already for July… Good luck!!!

Mark

tucrs
    NW Metro

Brainerd is a good area. Shopping for the girls is awesome.
    Good fishing lots of lakes. July can be a great time.

Breezy
    Whitefish Chain
    Gull lake

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

You Guys Are Awesome !!!

mustfish

Minocqua or Hayward.

Minocqua has several go-karting places for the kids, and one place has 3 different karting tracks, mini-golf and horseback riding all in one complex – my kids have enjoyed that place every summer for a long time (my in-laws live there). Lots of great fishing and golf of course too.

Hayward – as stated by many above – great fishing, shopping, and golf in that area.

Both have very nice main street areas full of shops, with nice “strolling the sidewalk” vibe.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.