Wow just saw my first Robin !

• Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Was out side putting wood in the outside wood boiler and low and behold here comes 2 robins landing in a tree not far away. Must be spring on Puckaway.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Don’t hold your breath. We’ve had robins all winter. Mourning Doves too.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

same here.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

Dreamkiller

bclii
    MN/AZ

Quote:

What he said!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ll give you a sure sign of spring. The snow is melting off my roof creating a deadly deadly surface on my front walk way. I hope nobody comes to our front door for a few weeks……I threw in the extra deadly because its cone shaped so there no way you can walk on it without slipping.

I’ll give you another clear sign of spring. I cant put a 12 pack on the porch this afternoon to make it acceptably cold.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Quote:

Quote:

X2 hundreds of them, the winter at our place near Pine Island MN in the crab trees, I’m guess they survive eating all the berries.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

X2 hundreds of them, the winter at our place near Pine Island MN in the crab trees, I’m guess they survive eating all the berries.

I think it is areas that have a lot of crab apples that will hold them through out the winter, however when they start migrating we see them in areas they weren’t during the winter. So it is a sign. A sign that next week a lot of robins will be dying of hypothermia.

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

Quote:

Was out side putting wood in the outside wood boiler and low and behold here comes 2 robins landing in a tree not far away. Must be spring on Puckaway.

Out here in South Dakota, we have seen a herd of robins every day! Along with deer, turkeys (besides the ones I am with!) more rooster pheasants than you can shake a stick at, and we are serenaded by coyotes at night, as well as this morning about 10! And it just keeps getting better!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Wow Really? They must all be hanging out in your yard Tom we have not seen any yet.

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

Lots of Robins hanging out around the springs coming from below the Alma dam along the finger lakes in January. Did not see any on my last outing there in February though.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Food & fresh water – any area that has these two ingredients will hold robins all winter.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Quote:

Wow Really? They must all be hanging out in your yard Tom we have not seen any yet.

You need to get out more Steve. Along west circle drive where all the crabapple tress line the streets the robins are as common as hair. I’ve had robins at the feeders when I put cranberries and raisins out. Memorial Parkway is another place we see robins hanging out in the crabapple trees.

We’ve seen the robins in Country Club Manor thru the winter this year too.

I’ve had between 15 and 25 mourning doves come to the feeders each day all winter long too.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I have a neighbor with a large Cottonwood tree in his back yard along the park property and maybe 75 to 100 robins sat up there for the last 5 minutes and then just continued on to where ever they were going.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.