IDO show today

• tr
    Plymouth

James continues to impress us with the Vortex bite, He and his crew are like the post office people. Come rain sleet or snow and now cold, they continue to deliver a GREAT show on how to find fish in these cold conditions. Thank you again to the James and his staff for a great start to my and I hope your sunday!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

That looked like allot of fun, as always great show James!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for the kind words. The bite up in Ely last week was tough with just enough fish to scrape together a show and I’m a bit bummed that we weren’t able to show some of the better fish that area is capable of producing.

This morning we’re on Pokegama starting to film for next week and the bite is nonexistent so far. We’ll keep plugging..this is the time of year when bites get real temperamental.

I think this pic shot last week up to Ely sums things up nicely. Everything is a grind right now. Ben Brettingen gets bonus points for slogging through waist deep snow to get the shot!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

It’s easy to overlook what happens behind the scenes. Which is obviously the goal. It can very often be a comedy of errors when I go out, let alone make a show out of it!
    I think people would enjoy seeing more photos like that if they’re available. (I know, one more thing to do)

Must be some pressure at times when the bite is tough. What’s the latest in the week you can film and still get all the editing done in time?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I have to have everything at the studio by late Tuesday night to make it possible for a Friday delivery to FSN. Any later than that and the guys call me mean names and threaten to throw things at me.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

My favorite part or the show was the teaser…Ely Bluegills later in the year! That’s nothing against the show today, I just love the gill shows, especially living in Metro Potato Chip country.

castle-rock-clown

James, the initial shot of you in the truck showed the tiredness in your eyes. A battle weary, continually up against the elements, but still needing to persevere look. It’s cold and dark outside with the dreary task of setting up for what presumes to be a continuing struggle against the elements. But, the reward was that sunrise, a sense of accomplishment coping with mother nature and making it bearable under the conditions. Your demeanor improved, and by the end of the show you had more energy, that predators look in your eye, and an excitedness in your voice. All the realities aside from producing a show, what came through was simply a man who loves fishing. My hat is off to you, but don’t read too much into it if I put it on right away…it’s cold out!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Great job guys !!!
    Love that shot of BB

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.