Looking for suggestions for rod holders

• Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Hi guys, I have a crestliner 1756 jon boat with the track system on the rail. Looking for what company makes the best rod holders that work for the rail tracks. The place where I got the boat did not have any on hand to look at.

Thanks from Jeff

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

People either love or hate folbe rod holders.

They were designed for White Sturgeon (the REAL big ones) and salmon fishing out west.

The nice thing about them is the rod just lifts out of the holder where others the rod needs to be lifted out over the water. They are just easy to use.

stuart
    Mn.

Folbe are what you want.They also stand behind their product 100%.
    I had a slight problem with one,e mailed them and had the part on my door step two days later.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Downeast rod holders are my choice. They operate with the same concept as the folbe’s but are a little smaller in size. I use them for trolling for muskies a d walleyes and any other trolling application as needed. Check out both products and see if they are what you are looking for. Seeing that you will be installing them on a track system, you might have to make some kind of adapter plate. Have fun rigging the boat.

stuart
    Mn.

Folbe makes a compact size now.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

She looks lost and doesnt have a clue on how to hold a rod

chirp
    Rochester

Wow. That’s a nice looking rod holder. I’ll stop there.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I have both folbe and scotty like the folbe a lot don’t have to slide rod out the end just lift up. it is a love hate thing though. troll for muskies and will never break one. tough as nails. been happy with my scotty’s too. ram are nice but not as strong.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have Atwood Pro-Rod holders in my boat. I love them, they were there when I bought the boat, my brother put them in when he owned it about 20 years ago, haven’t had 1 issue with them

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

I have Folbes and like them but realize they are just trolling rod holders. Some of the the other alternatives should be considered based on price. None of them will break (for the most part) on a big fish.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.