Gopher Hockey on B1G Network Against Bucky!!!

• mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Badgers Just scoreed on PP, 5:13 left 1st period!!!

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tied with 1:53 left on a turnover and Badgers just took a penalty,

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

8:23 left, still tied

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Bucky wins

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Was a good game no matter which team you root for. When it comes to Wisconsin VS Minnesota, it is always tough to win on the road.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Thursday and Friday night hockey games just to fill TV network time. Wonder how all the missing season ticket holders feel about Thursday night games.

Priceless.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Thursday and Friday night hockey games just to fill TV network time. Wonder how all the missing season ticket holders feel about Thursday night games.

Priceless.

Welcome to the New Big 10 division.

Our motto is: It doesn’t need to make sense. It just needs to make money.

You can’t be living in the WCHA past, my fiend. You have to put your new Big Dollar–errr–I mean “Big 10” thinking cap on. How do you get more TV commercial revenue if all the games are being played at the same time on Friday and Saturday? Obviously, you can’t. So you spread the games out!

Join us next season for the new, Big 10 Tuesday Afternoon Hockey. The Gophers will be playing in the 1.30 PM time slot on Tuesday and Wednesday. Gotta save the Prime Time slots for the big money markets in Michigan.

Grouse

Brian Hoffies

Oh, I get it. I’m just a life long WCHA fan. IMO it’s pretty sad when you need to “search” to find the Gophers hockey game on TV. Did you see all the empty seats in Madison last night? Think those same seats will be empty tonight?

It seems I’m just to old to enjoy sports and life for the way I want them. I need to think MONEY 1st,MONEY 2nd,MONEY 3rd and then maybe consider the kids and the sport.

This morning ESPN spent God knows how much time debating Marijuana in the NFL. So who cares? No mention of hockey, olympic, college or pro. Seems if ESPN doesn’t own it (soccer) or pay for it (football, basketball,baseball) it doesn’t matter.

I just need to crawl into the mountains and disappear.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Did you see all the empty seats in Madison last night? Think those same seats will be empty tonight?

Empty seats, empty schmeets. You’re livin’ in the past, man. In today’s Big 10, who cares about a bunch of chumps sitting there eating overpriced popcorn and drinking flat diet coke?

Get with the times, ticket sales are chump change and spectators are a necessary evil. They’re basically a prop for background effect. In other words, you need a few of them, it looks good on TV. It’s kind of like All Star wrestling, where the “huge crowd” featured the same people every week.

It’s all about having your own cable channel now and turning up the volume on ad revenue. Like I said, the Gophers will be playing in the Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon soap opera slot next year. We don’t want Nowheresvilles like Minnesota and Wisconsin stealing ad revenue from the REAL Big 10 teams, do we?

Who needs those old, boring, and shockingly low revenue generating games like Minnesota vs North Dakota when you can watch Hockey Powerhouse Michigan take on Ohio State! Now there’s hockey tradition at its finest there and as a bonus the commercials are, in theory, playing to a much larger TV audience in hockey-crazed Ohio.

Grouse

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Quote:

Did you see all the empty seats in Madison last night? Think those same seats will be empty tonight?

Empty seats, empty schmeets. You’re livin’ in the past, man. In today’s Big 10, who cares about a bunch of chumps sitting there eating overpriced popcorn and drinking flat diet coke?

Get with the times, ticket sales are chump change and spectators are a necessary evil. They’re basically a prop for background effect. In other words, you need a few of them, it looks good on TV. It’s kind of like All Star wrestling, where the “huge crowd” featured the same people every week.

It’s all about having your own cable channel now and turning up the volume on ad revenue. Like I said, the Gophers will be playing in the Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon soap opera slot next year. We don’t want Nowheresvilles like Minnesota and Wisconsin stealing ad revenue from the REAL Big 10 teams, do we?

Who needs those old, boring, and shockingly low revenue generating games like Minnesota vs North Dakota when you can watch Hockey Powerhouse Michigan take on Ohio State! Now there’s hockey tradition at its finest there and as a bonus the commercials are, in theory, playing to a much larger TV audience in hockey-crazed Ohio.

Grouse

A penny for your thoughts?

Have a great weekend and don’t forget to search for the hockey game tonight.

deertracker

What an end to the Ohio game tonight. I wish I would have known the Gophs were playing thurs/friday as I just layed around last night watching pawn stars. Is that how they do it now?
    DT

PB2

Nope…….. … Looks like a sell out tonight in Madison….. But hey nobody cares it’s all about the TV revenue LOL.

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Nope…….. … Looks like a sell out tonight in Madison….. But hey nobody cares it’s all about the TV revenue LOL.

Thursdays announced attendance was 8,900 in a 15,000 seat stadium.

Care to speculate how much concession revenue was lost Thursday alone?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.