Threat cannot be removed

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I must have got into someting that AVG cannot remove..

Anyone have some input on how to get rid of them ?

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Was the “follow these instructions” link of any help?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

How long have you been getting it? Can you try to do a system restore if it is fairly recent?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Was the “follow these instructions” link of any help?

I only use the free version of AVG so this didn’t work

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

How long have you been getting it? Can you try to do a system restore if it is fairly recent?

Tried that too with no luck

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Call “Call That Girl” Computer Repair, Lisa is the owner and has helped me a few times, they can connect online to diagnose and fix it.

Call that Girl link

612-865-4475
    or
    888-496-2641

Good Luck

jerry b
    western WI

Go here and see if you can find some help. You won’t need to sign up for membership to lurk. Normally, I download and run Combofix or Kasperski for stuff I can’t outsmart.jerr

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Trendmicro.com. They have free scan called House call which is a pretty good one. Found some stuff that Norton didn’t find. Recommend that, and then spybot, and ad aware free downloads to get rid of all the other junk that comes in.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I can’t read what it says but you might search the Microsoft or Symantec web sites.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Just to be cautious put all your important stuff on DVD or an external harddrive. I tried to get away with the free stuff to for awhile, but caught up with me and PC went down. Invested in some good protection and haven’t had issues yet.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

You never mentioned you’re internet provider. If it would happen to be through your cable provider, they usually have ‘free’ and very good virus protection and scan. Just a thought if your hooked up you can try it. I did this because I totally lost faith in McAfee and Norton, which I now believe to $uck royally…

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

eset free online scanner
    very good

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

eset free online scanner
    very good

They have a free online scanner? Sweet, would recommend them as well. I always used to have viruses come in to the PC, and have to clean them out. Since going to Eset for protection have not had one infection yet even get in, been going 3years now.

rmartin
    United States

Run your scans in safe mode if possible as safe mode only loads up limited files so viruses have less places to hide. I also cannot read what is on the picture you included. I would do a search for the exact name of the offending virus and see if you can find a specific fix for it, there are plenty of them out there. Only use one from a trusted company.

If none of these help, get someone with a clean PC to burn you a rescue CD or it can be put on a flash drive. You then need to boot to the CD or flash drive and run the program. This is even better than safe mode as it bypasses Windows altogether.

Here is one:
    web page

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Not sure if you’ve tried this already or not, but if you go into your control panel you can “restore your computer to a previous date.” Often times this will restore the pc to to before the virus etc that way you can eliminate the problem and set yourself up with good protection to help avoid any similar issues in the future. This has worked on multiple occasions for me, but just be sure to save everything that is important on a pen drive etc.

Johnboy
    Illinois

Malwarebytes Pro has a program called FileAssassin It does exactly what it says. Find that .dll in your System 32 folder and destroy it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Malwarebytes Pro has a program called FileAssassin It does exactly what it says. Find that .dll in your System 32 folder and destroy it.

The problem is, from what I can tell, is that DLL is normally a library the system depends on. It’s been swapped with a similar assembly with a virus attached.

I am surprised nobody has posted one of those super helpful and self narcissistic reply saying, “Get a Mac”.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Quote:

The problem is, from what I can tell, is that DLL is normally a library the system depends on. It’s been swapped with a similar assembly with a virus attached.

I am surprised nobody has posted one of those super helpful and self narcissistic reply saying, “Get a Mac”.

I’m not sure if it would help me but, my Daughter is telling me to get a Mac.

BBKK
    IA

Transfer your important files and pictures to some flash drives and do a full system restore back to default settings. You should be able to do it without back-up discs.

I just did it today on my laptop. Had some malware that was popping up and annoying me every day, so since I had some time today I did a full system restore to default. All problems solved, computer is faster than ever. Took probably 2 hours. Its like having a new PC.

Johnboy
    Illinois

There is a lot of information on the internet in regards to the rpcss.dll file and the malware that is getting attached to it. The general consensus is to do a full system restore after saving all the data you want to want to keep. If it were my computer I would try replacing the file with a clean one that is available on the internet for downloading. Copy and paste it into the system 32 folder.Choose the copy and replace option that comes up in a panel when you try to place it in the folder. This is a situation where periodic back-ups of all of your files need to be saved to an external hard-drive.I have been using large capacity flash drives the last several months.

Sorry Kevin; I hit the wrong reply button.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.