Gas Grill

• riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

Finally got some money in the budget to replace the gas grill at the fire station this year. It’s not enough to buy a large Weber so what are some other brands I should check out.

bigpike

Sams club has some good deals on big gas grills, check them out….

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

I have had mine for 15 years without a single complaint! Love how evenly it cooks/smokes…RR
    http://www.hollandgrill.com/

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Have you looked on Craigslist and other sources for a used Weber? Everything is a distand second to a Weber, I made the mistake of NOT buying Weber twice. After going through 4 ingnitors, 5 burers, valves, etc, etc, I finally realized I had spent MORE than it would have cost to buy a Weber.

I have heard good things about the Sears Kenmore gas grills and they look well built.

Whatever you do, on a cheaper (ie NOT a Weber) grill, buy a brand where you will be able to get parts. The first thing to fail will be the burners. Make sure you can get replacments. Generic replacement burners don’t work in many of today’s grills.

Grouse

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Boss here at work buys Weber’s for both work and home and all he does is buy replacement parts…Kinda’ the Ford/Chevy debate I guess…RR

shockers
    Rochester

What Grouse said. I found a nice used Weber for $100 this fall. Got tired of replacing grills/burners every few years on the other stuff.

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

I have had the same Weber grill for over 12 yrs. The grill has gotten a lot of use. The only parts replaced in 12 yr were the flavor bars. They are getting close to be replaced again. I suggest a Weber.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I bought a used sears from a neighbor that was moving. It came with the propane, only used about 10lbs of propane so the grill was basically new. I have had it for 3 years now and use it all year long at least weekly. I am happy with it, I haven’t had to replace any parts yet and the igniter still works. I don’t think I would have went to sears looking a grill, but when this one needs replacement I will give them a look.

blufloyd

My big Kenmore has had burners replaced , shields etc. Internet and Lowe’s. Works better than new now.

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

My Weber is 22 years old.
    I have replaced the igniter and flavorizer bars.
    I will be buying a new one soon for cosmetic reasons.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Have you considered a donation of your used grill to the Kasson Fire Department? I think you will find that said donation would qualify for the full tax deduction allowed by law.

Grouse

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Have you considered a donation of your used grill to the Kasson Fire Department? I think you will find that said donation would qualify for the full tax deduction allowed by law.

Grouse

Already have it comitted as a donation through a freind….

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

Have you looked on Craigslist and other sources for a used Weber? Everything is a distand second to a Weber, I made the mistake of NOT buying Weber twice. After going through 4 ingnitors, 5 burers, valves, etc, etc, I finally realized I had spent MORE than it would have cost to buy a Weber.

I have heard good things about the Sears Kenmore gas grills and they look well built.

Whatever you do, on a cheaper (ie NOT a Weber) grill, buy a brand where you will be able to get parts. The first thing to fail will be the burners. Make sure you can get replacments. Generic replacement burners don’t work in many of today’s grills.

Grouse

X2

How many guys are there?
    What if everyone chipped in $20-$30.

Might be a great investment and everyone would have a ownership stake and likely take better care of it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.