Do i get a free paid day off?

• josh a

Quote:

If a school board says on Sunday night or Monday morning, were closing school, that were closing school tomorrow, that’s ok by me. but fearing something 3-4 days away if just succumbing to FEAR!

I get that the weather guy isn’t always 100%, but if you haven’t noticed lately they are pretty damn good at predicting temperatures 3-4 days in advance. I can’t believe people are talking about kids needing to be tough and stand outside and wait for the bus. Apparently 3M employees need to toughen up too. I know for a fact that its going to be too cold for construction workers to work outside tomorrow, and most people won’t even consider going ice fishing. People like us that love to spend time outside during the winter do not have the gear to stay outside with windchills at -50 or colder but a bunch of 6-12 year old kids should sit outside and hope to god that there POS old diesel school bus starts that day. Get real

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

In part I agree with this. Lets leave Dayton out of the equation and look at the comments on the parents and kids with shorts in the winter. This is Minnesota, not the tropics. And kids are their parents’ responsibility until they attain the age of 18 years. Kids want to play sports, but do the parents slap a couple maxi pads on the heads of their star quarterback and call it adequate protection? Your comments about kids being a means to an end I think are spot on in a whole lot of instances. This is all the more reason I think we need uniform dress codes in ALL schools, public and private and that includes what they wear in the winter.

Give the kids a day of due to cold and then track their activities for the day. Ice fishing, skiing, hunting, snowmobiling….they have clothes for that. Why not send them to school in it?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Quote:

The wife got a text from her work(3M) They will be closed Monday as well. I think Tuesday is supposed to be the same, why open then?

Damn it. I have a job interview scheduled tomorrow at 3M. SOB.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

pretty much spot on tom!!!!

you gonna be in red wing Tuesday?????

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Nada Glenn. MAYBE tomorrow. Next Monday for sure.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I fail to see what the big deal is. So the kids get a ice day, big whoop. Its no different than a snow day.

Then again, I was driven to school, both ways, downhill in a limousine, so what do I know.

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

It’s not really a “day off” We make them up at the end of the school year (in June) when the temperature is much nicer!

I thought there was like 5 days cushion built into the school year for days like this?

It will not need to be made up since it’s the Governor calling off school state wide. If it was an individual school district doing it then yes it would have to be made up.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.