They’re Baaack

• jerry b
    western WI

The pigs are back. Somebody decided it was too much work to clean their catch. The eagles and crows should eat well for a while jerr

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ah, practicing selective wanton waste I see. They should be very proud of their self serving selves.

norge

That is a total shame!

michael-d

Really? How flippin’ hard is it to put them back down the hole after catching them? Or find a neighbor who’ll take them. WRONG!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Last couple times on the river people threw their catfish carcasses right into the pools. Will sit there till flow picks up again, disgusting.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Judging by the number, I don’t think that they had any intention to bring them home to clean or they just sorted them out and picked the biggest to take home.

Either that or they are arm chair biologists who either think those crappies are killing off the walleye or by killing them some how the average size of the ones in the lake will get bigger.

Or there is always “I though you wanted to bring some home, I was keeping them for you” or they woke up with a hangover wondering where they put the fish when they got home.

jake47
    WI

Can’t tell from the picture but were they filleted?

jerry b
    western WI

some were gutted, some with heads off but nothing totally cleaned.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Those are the ones you’d like to get a license number from. Or see do this well after dark.

castle-rock-clown

Although I personally would never practice those practices, I won’t loose too much sleep as in nature nothing goes to waste. The birds, raccoons, weasels, will all get a nice fish dinner. And whatever is left will be consummed by the microbes who will then work their way up through the food chain.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

..or someone’s dog will come along and choke on some fish bones.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am not saying it was aliens, BUT IT WAS ALIENS!!!

desperado

Quote:

yup, you can tell by the precise pattern in which the carcasses are arranged

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Quote:

Quote:

yup, you can tell by the precise pattern in which the carcasses are arranged

Yep, crappie circles…I’ve seen this before…

big_g
    Isle, MN

crappie circles….

jeweler
    Wisconsin

I saw a guy do this once on the river. How stupid can a person be? Anyway after the second little gill hit the ice with snow kicked over (away from his pile he was keeping) I told him they dont get any bigger laying dead on the ice. He just turned around away from me and I did not see him do it anymore- not to say that when I left he didnt keep doing it. Im pretty sure that is illegal in Wisconin.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.