Anyone shed hunting yet???

• haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Checked the IDO Hunting side and no new posts since June. This warm weather is killing me, ready to go here. Found my biggest shed ever right after the new year. Have had several friends that have found big ones between Christmas and New Years. Had a coworker hold this set I found a couple years ago. Finally put them on a skull plate last week. Animal is still alive and would love to find this years.

ozzyky
    On water

Most of the chatter on that side is in the deer hunting and archery forum.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I know one of the bucks I feed was missing an antler about 2 weeks ago.

jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

Holy buckets what a freak, gravity musta helped him drop early, what did they score if ya don’t mind me asking

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Heard a friend of mine shot a nine pointer with a bow last week and both antlers fell off while gutting it. This is early compared to the last few years. The early winter has got to be hard on them this year.

BBKK
    IA

Was a deer in my back yard yesterday, nice non-typical 10. He hadn’t dropped yet. Hope he dodges cars long enough to make it until next year, would love to see how big he gets. He was just a youngin this year.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Do you got any tips for looking for deers antlers? I walk a woods once a week and every time see 7+ deer in about a 40 min walk. I think they are mostly the girl deers though as I haven’t seen one with horns yet. What is the usual ratio of guys to girls on a deer herd in Minnesota? This is a large area of private woods that doesn’t get hunted, about 300 acres.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.