Take A Vet Fishing Wisconsin/Minnesota

• Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

A board member wth Take a Vet Fishing http://www.takeavetfishing.com has reached out to me regarding help with recruiting volunteers to take a vet fishing on Lake Waubesa McFarland, Wisconsin on June 8, 2014. They will also be having an event on September 20, 2014 on Lake Minnetonka in Minnesota. While licensed guides are desired, it is not a requirement to volunteer. Fishing is a half-day and they will have a flag ceremony, food & drink and sponsor prizes and raffles for the veterans at the American Legion in McFarland. They are looking for 80 boats this year so they have a long way to go. If you are interested, please sign up at http://www.takeavetfishing.com. If you know anyone else who may be interested in supporting this effort, please forward this message to them.

Gary Sanders

joshkral

I might be interested. Make another post closer to september, If I’m free I will voulenteer.

castle-rock-clown

I checked it out and signed up as a boat owner/volunteer/non-guide on a tentative basis. I believe I am able to make the Wi date work, but will be able to make it more concrete closer to event.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Sincere thanks to both of you guys! If anyone wants more info I please message me and I will provide Don Aiken’s phone # & email address so that you can go straight to the source.
    Much appreciated!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I’m signed up as a guide. Happy to do what I can to say thanks to the men and women that protect this country.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Thanks for posting this. Will check the schedule on the home-front, and sign up as a guide boat for the Wisconsin event.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Just signed up and on the calendar. Will spread the word to a few fishing buddies with boats.

TAVF Don
    NULL

Hi Guys, and thank you for your help. I’m Don and I am on the Board of Directors of Take A Vet Fishing. If any of you need or want some more info on the events, please give me a shout. [email protected] is my direct email. Thanks for all your help. Besides, fishing for half a day, enjoying a cookout, and then same great give-a-ways and drawings.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Gary and Don,

After these events take place, could you guys have someone come back here and post some photos and give us a summary of the events?

There are so many great causes out there and someone jumps on IDo and advertises them, then we don’t hear anything about the event when it happened. I believe more people would volunteer if they see the end result. In fact I’m counting on it. I spoke with Jay this morning about having one of these events on the river at a certain resort in 2015.

No details yet, so I’m not letting the cat out of the bag at this time. LOL!

Welcome to Ido Don!

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Sure can do that Brian. Excellent idea!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.