Gift Ideas?

• buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Hoping someone with college age daughters can maybe help me out here…..I drew my nieces name for Christmas. She is a freshman in college and I am old and married with no real connection with what’s “cool” these days. She is a farm girl, very sweet, really down to earth and just a genuine all round person.

Thinking back to my college days….I wanted beer money and college girls….so my college experience isn’t much help.

Gift cards are good but kinda generic. I am definitely going to get her a gas gift card as part of the gift but what else what a freshman college girl want these days?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

By the way you just described her,you better buy her a pistol to protect herself from all the meat eaters of life..if you know what I mean

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

If I thought she could have it at school I would.
    She’s one of those people that you meet and you just know your life is better for having met her….sweet young lady.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

If I thought she could have it at school I would.
    She’s one of those people that you meet and you just know your life is better for having met her….sweet young lady.

Not to side track your post but… I have been with my lady for over 13 years and been very happy,but you made my life better by just hearing there are still those kind of women still around.

Too many young gals I have met have been real fake,I am sure you will find her something she will appreciate

Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

It’s been 20+ years since I went to college in Mankato, MN. At that time we bought taxi cards. These cards came in very handy after a night of partying with the need to go across town to sleep it off. Saved me several nights of potential BAD decisions.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Budget??? IPod would probably go over well.

tr
    Plymouth

I have two words for you like the other guy said. the way you explained her. Smith and Wesson!!
    Back packs, anything that has to do with the apple computers, phones or music devices. not sure on your budget but if lower than any of the accessories for these items. I know you said gift cards a generic, but I tunes is always a hit.
    Good luck

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

iTunes gift cards are popular with a lot of teens and young adults.

tbrooks11

Check out Northface jackets, those are the “in style” winter jackets now a days. My gf (college aged)has been dying to get one, but theyre pretty expensive. Being a college student myself, grocery store gift cards are ALWAYS awesome to get.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

It would help if you gave a price range. High end would be a fishing trip with BrianK!!!!!LOL

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My oldest daughter is a freshman and now that she is coming up on completing her first semester, here are a few things she has gotten good use from:
    * 30″ HD TV with a monitor mode to it
    * HDMI cable for her laptop to TV
    * Annual subscription to Netflix
    * External hard drive for back-ups and putting all her video/pics/music on
    * Expanded Gym membership
    * (my daughter is at UW Stevens Point) 5′ ultralite with a plano box of the essentials.
    Dorm life sucks when it comes to space – We sought out space saver type storage options for the girls to have as furniture.

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

Quote:

My oldest daughter is a freshman and now that she is coming up on completing her first semester, here are a few things she has gotten good use from:
    * 30″ HD TV with a monitor mode to it
    * HDMI cable for her laptop to TV
    * Annual subscription to Netflix
    * External hard drive for back-ups and putting all her video/pics/music on
    * Expanded Gym membership
    * (my daughter is at UW Stevens Point) 5′ ultralite with a plano box of the essentials.
    Dorm life sucks when it comes to space – We sought out space saver type storage options for the girls to have as furniture.

All good choices. Does she have a favorite pizza place? Do they do gift cards, or certificates of some kind?
    Us there a place to go sledding? We wore out several sleds (and several pairs of jeans) killing a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with about ten diehard college kids who couldn’t afford expensive fun.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Good ideas.

Sorry should have mentioned budget in the first post. The family wide set limit is $50 but I am not opposed to spending a little more for the right thing.

She’s in River Falls so if there is anything that would be specific to that area that would be good too.

BurlapBrothers
    Kavokian Slough, WI

You said farm girl so I say a new pair of boots, depending on budget. A couple sweat shirts, Deere or IH, whatever they prefer on there farm.

If she doesn’t have an otter box for her cell phone, that may be another option on the lower $ scale.

A Pizzaz. You can make just about anything on one. I know in my college house it was the most used item for cooking.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.