Bass Fishing in Japan

• jollyroger
    MN

Last week I was in Japan for work. My co-worker Kyle Petersen and I arrived a few days early so the only natural thing we could think of to pass the time was to go fishing. Since there are no walleyes in Japan, we headed to Lake Biwa in central Japan to fish with Nakazy, one of Japan’s best Bass experts. Lake Biwa is home to the world record bass caught in 2009 at 22 lb 4 oz so we were excited to at least hook into some big ones.

Bass fishing in Japan is very similar to fishing in the US. The lake looked like a Ranger, Skeeter and Triton boat convention was going on as there were boats running all over the lake. We spent most of the day pitching blade baits over grassy flats, trying to get a reaction bite. Slower presentations haven’t worked recently as the lake is cooling and other methods have been tough lately.

We had a great day, caught several bass with the biggest in the 4-6 pound range. We even fished the exact area the world record was caught, but came a bit shy of breaking it!

If you’re ever in Japan and want to go bass fishing look up our new buddy Nakazy at http://www.nakazyguide.com

Best of Fishing,

Shawn Flemming

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Well, that is pretty dang cool!

gary d
    cordova,il

Ya-so, Awesome!! Gosh sometimes I fine it hard to fish right here in the good old USA.—LOL

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Finally payback for them giving us carp!

Nice fish, looks like fun.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Cool post.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

That is sweet man!!! I’ve fished in the US from California to New York to Texas, but not sure if I’ll ever get to Japan. Thanks for posting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.