Good luck hunting in Wis.

• Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Every one have a great opening week end deer hunting and be safe out there! Some pics from last season.

bigpike

Stay safe, stay warm brrrrrrr.

And keep us working fools updated on the ice!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Hopefully I will be done hunting by noon on Saturday and I can start icefishing on Sunday or during the week. We have a few small lakes, more like ponds, near my mothers where I hunt that freeze over early.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Thanks hopefully it’s a short season for me, shoot the trophy, gut, register and be inside for the Badger game at 2:30. Then sleep in Sunday and watch IDO at 8. I think for me the ice fishing is going to have to wait until later next week.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Besides having both my daughters out, I’m really looking forward to seeing my father have a very comfortable hunt. He has a number of health issues, so I built the “WIELAND’S TOWER”

big_g
    Isle, MN

Good luck people !!! Nice stand Randy

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Good luck people !!! Nice stand Randy

Randy When my son needs a tree house I’m hiring you! Screw trying it myself.

This year will be my first hunting season in Wi. since I moved here. Also my first time hunting public land. Could be interesting. Good luck everyone and stay safe out there.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

good luck to all ya sconnies going after them chronically wasted deer.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Good luck to all, I have one in particular that I need to even the score with from the bow season.

Saw taken (again) last night on TV and re-wrote the narrative a little to fit the deer season.

I know who you are. I know what you want. If your looking for corn, I can tell you I don’t have any. But what I do have is a very particular set of skills. Skills acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for bucks like you. If you stop walking in front of my cameras, that’ll be the end of it. I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you. I will find you, and I will kill you and mount your head on my wall.

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Quote:

This year will be my first hunting season in Wi. since I moved here. Also my first time hunting public land. Could be interesting. Good luck everyone and stay safe out there.

I’m in the same boat (figuratively speaking). I haven’t deer hunted in many years and not at all since I moved to WI 10 years ago. With the $5 license for new hunters, I decided to give it a try again this year. I’m pretty pumped.

Likewise, I’ve never hunted public land before, so I hope the horror stories are not as bad as I’ve heard. I’ve done a lot of scouting and believe/hope that I’ve located an area to hunt that should be off the beaten path and well away from the crowds.

Edited to add: Thanks for the wishes of luck, Jeff. With the high winds and cold temps predicted for Saturday, we’ll need some luck.

castle-rock-clown

Quote:

Besides having both my daughters out, I’m really looking forward to seeing my father have a very comfortable hunt. He has a number of health issues, so I built the “WIELAND’S TOWER”

I thought it was illeagle to hunt within a certain distance of a “residence”

bigpike

Things certainly are looking favorable for hunters this weekend. A nice snow fall over most of the northern half of the state. Stay warm and stay still and you will be rewarded opening day. Also for those hunting public land – if you work to get back off the beaten path you will be rewarded. Most guys are pretty darn lazy when it comes to hunting…Good luck again!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Quote:

I thought it was illeagle to hunt within a certain distance of a “residence”

I gave myself written permission

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

I have hunted on public land several times. I think the key is to have multiple spots. If someone in on/near one spot,move to another.Keep a cool head and if someone is there before you,simply walk away.It has happened to me before and on both times I had my buck before 9 am! Good Luck! Paul

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Public land and scouting for secondary spots go hand in hand. We have 80 acres of public land that borders our farm. I watch hunters and deer move along the fence lines on a regular basis. The guys that take quality bucks every year on public seem to be in more secondary spots than “prime” spots. I also like hunting along those borders because of guys getting up and moving around. So often we see guys getting up and walking at 9-9:30 and see deer sneaking along secondary trails during the late morning.
    Good Luck!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.