What’s wrong with people?

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

My daughter was rear-ended by a semi on 494 Saturday. He clipped her when he was changing lanes and sent her spinning across three lanes and slamming into the cement median where she came to a stop in the fast lane facing the oncoming traffic. He pulled over and never got out of his truck to help her. A couple stopped and got her in their car and back to the shoulder and called 911 for her. She was hurt, scared and basicly a wreck. He never once checked on her to see if she was okay!
    Sorry for the rant but I’m sure you mom’s and dad’s out there get it.
    I’m just amazed he didn’t do anything to help.
    I can’t think of a better place to vent a little!

tucrs
    NW Metro

I had a simliar thing happen to a close friend of mine. Semi truck driver kept driving though. Really irked me.

People do not seem to care anymore. The world consumes them and people don’t seem to matter.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. The semi truck driver should have gotten out to help, even just see if she was okay.

It is really sad that more people don’t help when others need it.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Sorry to her about your daughter. I hope she heals up ok.
    People get out and help if you see that someone or something is hurt.

bigpike

First of all, Thank God your daughter is safe and sound, though a little shook up. And while you had one bad apple, be grateful for the couple that stopped and took care of her. That equaled things out for the uncaring driver.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

First of all, Thank God your daughter is safe and sound, though a little shook up. And while you had one bad apple, be grateful for the couple that stopped and took care of her. That equaled things out for the uncaring driver.

I’m very thankful to that couple, they stayed with her until the trooper showed up.

Very thankful another car didn’t hit her, there must have been a lull in the normally heavy traffic. We told her she had some angels watching over her. I think she was lucky to get out with a concussion and a disc protrusion in her neck.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

First I’m glad your Daughter is ok for the most part. Second if you have the name of that trucking company, and wanted to do something about the drive. I’d give them a call about that driver. I’ve been in that industry a long time now. I also was a police officer before that, And drove for 5 years. A I know certain companys, and most reputable bigger trucking companies frown greatly on their drivers for not checking on vehical occupants after an accident like that because there are normally injuries from car truck accidents. I know they generally get reprimended if not let go over things like that. Especially if he’s at fault.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Glad to hear your daughter is safe, and that there were others who took the time to care and look after her.

I would definitley speak with the owner of the trucking company.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Quote:

First I’m glad your Daughter is ok for the most part. Second if you have the name of that trucking company, and wanted to do something about the drive. I’d give them a call about that driver. I’ve been in that industry a long time now. I also was a police officer before that, And drove for 5 years. A I know certain companys, and most reputable bigger trucking companies frown greatly on their drivers for not checking on vehical occupants after an accident like that because there are normally injuries from car truck accidents. I know they generally get reprimended if not let go over things like that. Especially if he’s at fault.

X2 I have called trucking companies before about poor/inconsierate drivers. The dispatcher will want truck/trailer number to verify driver.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Hope the daughter heals quick. Sucks with those sometimes the injuries dont show up for weeks or months after when the neck and or back start to act funny. When a good lawyer comes in handy.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

glad your daughter is OK!!!!!!!!!! BUT NOT TO TWIST THIS OR FEEL INSENSITIVE I was always told if your involved in an accident to stay away or avoid the other party for fear of retaliation and ask the police or first responder team or fire dept how the other party is doing. personally I would want to know how that other party is and contact them later????????

BBKK
    IA

Most commercial drivers are told to radio/call in the accident and DO NOT get out of your vehicle.

Shouldn’t be that way, but that is the world we live in.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Sorry about your daughter,,,Maybe he knew it was best to stay out of traffic for everyones safety, who knows. I don’t know if it still is but the law here used to read that the driver had to check to see if there was any injured occupants, weather they were involved or just driving by, I don’t know what it reads now. Sometimes its best just to stay in your vehicle to not cause a 20 car pileup, don’t know the situation.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Rant away. You get in an accident, you need to check the other car, if safe. Glad to hear she’s going to be ok.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Rant away. You get in an accident, you need to check the other car, if safe. Glad to hear she’s going to be ok.

I agree Pug, I’ve been in a couple and it was just an automatic reaction to check on the other people.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I appreciate it

dld24

I work with truck drivers everyday where I work and I will say from my experience there a lot of very dumb truck drivers out there…Everyday I am amazed at how horrible and inconsiderate some drivers are…Now I’m not saying all drivers are bad there are plenty of good ones…But some of the drivers I am still trying to figure out how they are driving these big rigs on our roads legally…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Happy to hear that your girl is ok.

My sister-in-law was driving along on the highway today and some yak drove his little pick-up right into her big pick-up at 60mph on an open road. That idiot told the cops he “didn’t see her truck”. Also told the cops he just happened to “glance down” for a second and when he looked up she had gotten in front of him. Can we say texting? Cops took his phone. Gotta drive defensively because there are all kinds of nuts out there.c

hnd

some trucking companies require by law that you do nothing. don’t get out of the truck or anything. also you never know a person, he could of been just as hurt or shook.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

some trucking companies require by law that you do nothing. don’t get out of the truck or anything. also you never know a person, he could of been just as hurt or shook.

He was fine, got out checked out the front of his rig, looked over at my daughter who was still facing oncoming traffic in the fast lane and got back in his truck. He never even called 911 and I assume that’s something he’s required to do. Jess called after someone was kind enough to get her out of her car and safely to the the shoulder, about five minutes after it happened.
    The very least he could have done was call 911.
    I’m sorry if I’m coming off as abrasive, it’s my kid.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

no way are you abrasive. a concerned pop …..yep!!!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Yeah, I wouldn’t be hard on yourself. Its a reasonable rant when family is involved, especially a child.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, I wouldn’t be hard on yourself. Its a reasonable rant when family is involved, especially a child.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.