Sunday’s Show… Point the finger here.

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

So, here’s the skinny on the missing IDO episode from Sunday.

IDO has been working with FSN on a new means of digital episode delivery. We’re always looking for better ways to do things, save some time and delivery a higher quality product. We thought we had done our research. We thought we had all the bugs worked out. We thought wrong.

So I’ve got some egg on my face this morning.

In-Depth Outdoors will start our 8th season NEXT Sunday – Nov. 24. Promise.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

It’s refreshing to see straight forward accountability that is so lacking these days.
    Thanks for “owning” it James!

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Tip of the cap James. I’m sure you could have easily passed the buck somehow. I’m looking forward to seeing each episode.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Even if it was my fault, Holst would have owned it.

That’s the kinda guy he is.

tomhopkins
    waconia, mn

Good things are worth waiting for.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

So you’re saying it was your fault!

James (or BK), so when I go to the TV Guide on FSN’s page, they show an 11 O’clock air time as well. Will this be a repeat of the previous Sunday’s show?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Whatya mean “even if”

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks guys. This was the first time in 8 years we’ve missed a week like this. The issue was something as simple as in import deck that wouldn’t accept a firmware update allowing the deck to communicate with our newfangled digital method for delivering the episode. The devil is in the details, as they say.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks guys. This was the first time in 8 years we’ve missed a week like this. The issue was something as simple as in import deck that wouldn’t accept a firmware update allowing the deck to communicate with our newfangled digital method for delivering the episode. The devil is in the details, as they say.

Sounds like jibberish to me. All we need to know is that it WILL be on this week. If not someone might have to be hung out to dry.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

The issue was something as simple as in import deck that wouldn’t accept a firmware update allowing the deck to communicate with our newfangled digital method for delivering the episode.

Amazing something THAT simple could have halted the whole show!

(I have no idea what you are talking about)

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Quote:

The issue was something as simple as in import deck that wouldn’t accept a firmware update allowing the deck to communicate with our newfangled digital method for delivering the episode.

Amazing something THAT simple could have halted the whole show!

….and why end to end testing is a fundamental….just ask the prez and cgi about why it should be done.

redrnger

Just say the thingamajig did not work with the thingamabob.I can understand that better.lol

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

….and why end to end testing is a fundamental….just ask the prez and cgi about why it should be done.

Amen to that. Someone telling you it has been done is far different than it actually being done.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If you like your episode, you can keep your episode…or something like that.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

If you like your episode, you can keep your episode…or something like that.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

This makes my decision on Sunday morning so much more difficult… to go hunting or to watch the premiere of IDO’s new season… One of the tougher decisions of my life, well maybe that is overstated but still missing IDO and the Badger game in the same weekend for hunting feels like sacrilege to me.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

This makes my decision on Sunday morning so much more difficult… to go hunting or to watch the premiere of IDO’s new season… One of the tougher decisions of my life, well maybe that is overstated but still missing IDO and the Badger game in the same weekend for hunting feels like sacrilege to me.

IMHO, record them and go hunting!

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

By the time you get back from hunting the IDO show will be uploaded here and on youtube I bet. That’s my plan at least!

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

I can’t record it otherwise I would. I guess I can bank on it being uploaded by Sunday evening but if it isn’t I might go through some IDO withdrawals lol.

In a perfect world I shoot the big boy opening morning, gut and register it, get home in time to watch the Badger football game, celebrate shooting a buck and the Badger win for the rest of the night and set the alarm for 7:55 sun morning for the IDO episode. However, it usually never works out the way I plan it in my head unfortunately

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.