Windows 8.1 update

• hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Has anybody done this yet? What problems have you encountered?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I did it on my Inspiron Laptop with no issues. I don’t notice a whole lot of changes either. I haven’t really gotten into the Microsoft paradigm.

The bringing back the start menu is a joke, unless there is a setting somewhere. It doesn’t bring up a menu of programs, it just toggles between the desktop and the Metro start screen.

Sounds like I am ragging on Windows, but the truth is I like it. Takes some time to get used to though.

BBKK
    IA

Yup. Got a speaker driver issue after the update. I have to uninstall/reinstall the driver this afternoon to see if it fixes it.
    Works great when hooked to the TV, using that driver.. but when hooked to the speakers everything it plays is repeated 3 times. So when you play a video it just makes a loud screeching sound. I unplugged the speakers and plugged them into my phone, worked perfectly, so its not the speakers.

Also, classic shell is a little off with the new update. Doesnt go straight to desktop anymore, you have to choose desktop from the startup. Also you have to input a password EVERY TIME you turn on the computer now, no getting around it unless you download a password tool which I did. Pain in the butt for a desktop.

Windows 8 should never have been placed on laptops/desktops to begin with!

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Yea, I don’t like windows 8, but am getting somewhat used to it. Didn’t want to do the 8.1 update and create more issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.