Last minute deer camp items?

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Ever year I manage to forget something.

What is the one thing you have forgotten?

Last year I forgot my binoculars. Not this year, they are already in the bag.

Looking forward to an adventure filled weekend.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

By the looks of the weather tomorrow (Grand Rapids for me) an extra pair of long johns and hand / feet warmers. Looks like no problems keeping the deer frozen until butcher time during 2nd weekend.

Going to be a cold and breezy one tomorrow in the ladder stand.

Good luck… BBD!!!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Nothing. I make a list, check it off, pack my gear and usually triple check over the week.

coxaaa
    Northern IA

I’ve forgotten my pillow, knife, and flashlight on a few seperate occasions! Good luck!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

We pack pretty light so not much to forget. Gun, bullets, knife, rope, warm clothes. Check. Should be good to go.

Point and shoot.

big_g
    Isle, MN

For you Vikings fans, don’t forget your Team hat !!!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Don’t forget to be safe! Good luck everyone!!

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

Wrong size bullets/shells one year!

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

Almost to Prairie du Chien (from Wausau) and realized I forgot my waders…we hunted the river bottoms….quick stop at Wal Mart and new waders!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Sadly, I forgot my gun once.
    Wife was nice enough to meet me half way in redwing on opening morning.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Drove from Ia to Madtown to pick up my bro before the trip to central Wi… forgot shot slugs in Ia and had to drive back to Ia and then up to central Wi. Had gone back to Ia after opening deer weekend to hunt pheasants… Glad gas was only 50 cents a gallon!!!

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

CLOTHING OTHER ITEMS

5 PAIR WHITE SOCKS, KNIFE, 4 PAIR LONG WOOL SOCKS COMPASS, 2 LONG UNDERWEAR BOTTOMS, BINOCULARS (2), LONG UNDERWEAR TOPS, WATCH (ALARM), 3 TURTLENECKS, DEET BASED REPELLENT, CHAMOIS SHIRT, RIFLE, ORANGE RAIN GEAR, RIFLE SHELLS, CAMO HAT, CAMO GUNTAPE, FACE MASKS, REFLECTOR TAPE, 5 T-SHIRTS, CAMO BACKPACK, ROCKY BOOTS, SAFETY HARNESS
    MONEY – $100.00?, WALKY TALKY, ORANGE HUNTING JACKET DIGITAL CAMERA, BELT, DIGITAL CARDS, GLOVES-CAMO, CAMO SEAT CUSHION, GLOVES/FINGERHOLE-CAMO, LICENSE/TAGS, MORE NETTING , TARP/LATEX GLOVES, RIDING CAP (LUND), FREEZER BAG, FISH TOWEL, ORANGE COVERALLS, WATER BOTTLE, EXTRA BATTERIES, CAMO TAPE, BOOT DRYER, SLEEPING CLOTHES, DUCT TAPE, SWEATSHIRT, KNEE HIGHS, CAMO BACKPACK, DUCK CALLS, PATTERN TARGETS, CHEST WADERS, ND GAZETEER, FOOT/HANDWARMERS, CABELA CAMO HAT, DECOYS, SORELS, DOG/Dog Bed/Dog Vest, HEAD LAMP, DOG FOOD, ORANGE VEST, LEASH, TAGS, COLLARS, Orange Browning Hat, HEADLAMP, Sleeping Bag, Battery Charger, Duck Regs/ Upland game regs, Cleaning Chamois, Garbage Bag for Dirty Clothes, Cooler, JJ Dekes, Layout Blinds, Camo Netting, Cell Phone w/Charger

Think of anything else??? Add it and let me know… It obviously has items from other trips in it…

Mark

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

Quote:

I forgot my coveralls one year, my knife another year, and of all things, my boots one year. Fortunately, I am only about 20 minutes from where I hunt!
    Good luck tomorrow, hunters!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Forgot me this year. First gun season I have missed.

little-t
    Plymouth WI

Nueske’s bacon!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

flashlight once,
    and handwarmers a different time,

always had what I needed most, these are just comfort items.

BE safe everyone,
    Jack

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.