ICE On Your Phone

• sandmannd

ICE: Emergency Contact – I must read please!!

Message from the Ambulance Service We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory. If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn’t know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this ‘ICE’ (In Case of Emergency) Campaign. The concept of ‘ICE’ is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As mobile phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name ‘ICE’ ( In Case Of Emergency). The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents there were always mobile phones with patients but they didn’t know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose.In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as ‘ICE’. Please forward this. It won’t take too many ‘forwards’ before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one’s mind at rest. For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etcPASS THIS AROUND AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AS THIS CAN HELP IN AN EMERGENCY

I installed the app for my Android which you can find here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alexyu.android.ice&hl=en

This one is for iPhone users: http://snapguide.com/guides/add-ice-in-case-of-emergency-contacts-for-iphone/

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

It’s been in my phone for at least 3 years now!
    Stan

Russ Spangler
    Saint Paul

Thanks for the post. It’s wierd, I just woke up right now to the horrible dream of me having a heart attack in my boat while with my 3 year year old and wondering what would happen to him. I am trying to relax and calm down to return to sleep so I hit IDO as my relaxation passtime while at home, and I see this post. Great idea for ICE that all of us sportsman need while out away from the masses. It will begin to give me a little more peace of mind so I can get back to sleep. Sorry to bring a downer tone, but I really do appreciate all the life lessons IDOers post on here that I don’t think of myself. Thanks!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

It doesn’t do much good if your phone is locked with a code. There are apps for the iPhone to put your ICE info on your lock screen, a much better option that is visible immediately. There should also be the same thing for Android phones.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Thats what I was just thinking (they wont get past the screen lock). Will have to look around for one of those apps.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Yes, Had ICE on my phone for years.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.