Which one is better?

• fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

If you had to choose between Bitter Lake S.D. or Upper Red Lake, which one is better? Last week in December is when. I’ve fished URL before and had good luck, but keep reading how good Bitter Lake is. We would rent an ice house and do have portables that we bring. We always did better at night on URL but wouldn’t mind a day bite if that is what Bitter is? We also want to eat fish, walleyes and/or perch, so the options of limits and slots could be an issue. I see now that the slot on URL is 20-26, which is OK. Any suggested places on Bitter to rent at? I have a place to rent through at URL already. Any help would be great!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

For Bitter in late December, your only mode of travel may be foot or ATV. Hard to say how much ice they will have. We fish there every fall for Perch and Walleye and have a blast. My cousin has fished it in the winter, but normally he fishes it in March. We stay at Circle Pines Motel in Waubay.

Doubt you will find an ice house for rent on Bitter. Best source to talk to is Quintin Biermann on here. He will most likely chime in.

I believe limits in SD are 15 Perch per day, 30 total in possession.

Walleyes 4 per day, 8 total in possession and only one per day over 20″

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

Thanks for input, how would you compare it to URL? How is the fishing in March? Maybe I’ll do URL early and Bitter late? Hopefully Quintin will respond.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.