Not bad for a walleye guy

• mudneck_joe
    SE MN

Was able to steal the big bass pot for the Mudneck Classic 2013 with this hog in Wabasha Mn. Whoa son! Will help cover the cost of frogs bit off like melted cheese by slime rockets. It was fun fishing with my dad who filled in nicely for my injured partner on short notice. He did pretty good frogging for his first time bass fishing. Not bad for walleye guys.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Congrats! Nothing better than beating up of fish with dad!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I was down there on Friday doing some froggin’ with a buddy who was pre-fishing. We fished some wingdams first with only smaller smallmouth, and about every other species under the sun. Like you alluded to, hard to take the walleye out of the walleye guy. It took a few hours to realize that pitching plastics along the dam was better for sauger/eyes than bass.

We trailed Chris Winchester for awhile who showed us a few backwater spots that held some frog bass. That said, the biggest fish we saw was actually on a senko, just never landed it. Either way, the fish in the slime were blowing up.

Congrats on the big fish honors!

Joel

mudneck_joe
    SE MN

Yeah Joel,

I spent a whole day pre fishing bass by walleye fishing rocks and wingdams and it was hard to get 5 14 inchers. However 2nd place was smallies of wingdams.

The mudneck tournament is a tourament to honor some friends of ours who are no longer with us. I fished it with your buddy Nate from Cannon falls last year. I did pretty good this year, but Nate zeroed on the second day.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Hey MUDNECK Did ya Lipum or use a Net.? AAH SON. …rrr

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.