Playa del Carmen resort recommendation?

• HYBES
    SE MN

Looking for a good All Inclusive resort in this Mexico area.Been about 10 years since I been in that area.Thanks

scare
    austin, mn

Barcelo Maya Palace, been to Playa 3 different times and this was the best place we’ve been too. Huge complex with awesome beach and lots of restaurants to choose from, plenty of bars also, if you stay at the Palace you get to use he other 4 areas without restrictions.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

How far from Playa are you willing to be? Is the whole Rivera included or just the proper Playa del resorts?

Kids or no?

How big of a resort and how far off the beach is acceptable?

Finally, how many * rating?

There are a huge variety of resorts. Details make al the difference. I’ve been 7 or 8 times and never to the same place twice.

Grouse

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would recommend the place across the water to the east… Cozumel. And I would stay at Iberostar. Something about getting on the island and the people there. Playa is nice to visit, take the ferry over for a day and call Cozumel home

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve stayed at Barcelo Maya Beach Resort south of Playa. The wife and I liked it a lot. I’ve also stayed at El Cozumeleno on Cozumel. We liked that a lot, too! Beaches on the mainland were better, if that matters to you.

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Stayed at Iberostar last year

big_g
    Isle, MN

There is alot to be said, for not being bothered all day by people selling hats, sunglasses, carvings and bracelets all day long on the beaches. We have stayed at El Cozumeleno, Allegro, The Reef Club and Iberostar. All nice places but Iberostar seemed to have a little better food and a little more upscale overall, with less little kids (screaming at the pools all day)

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Stayed at Iberostar last year

My FW and I stayed there 2 years ago. She says it was one of the best and most relaxing vaca’s we’ve ever been on. Also a great 18 hole championship golf course with incredible rates for staying at the Iberostar….loved it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

There is alot to be said, for not being bothered all day by people selling hats, sunglasses, carvings and bracelets all day long on the beaches.

x2! That gets old really quickly in Playa.

hunter1723

Riu Palace was great! We got an awesome deal when we were there as well. I would say this is a great place for anyone to go. Awesome food. Drinks were great, and they looked out for you as well. Made relationships with many of the servers and cleaners and they were all wonderful.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

My Wife and I went to Valetin Imperial twice.. It was everything and then some….(adults only)

A buddy of mine has been to the Iberostar and gave it 2 as well…

Have fun !!!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Don’t know who you are going with but if looking for more of the gentleman type bar down there hop in a taxi and say Chilly Willy. You have to leave the resort town and travel through what looks like hell at night, but maaaannnnnn is it worth it

franz
    Saginaw, MN

Stayed at the Barcelo Maya Palace this spring. Everything was great except the musty smelling rooms. If you drink enough you may not notice it as much! This resort is on the north end of all the other Barcelo resorts, Beach being on the south side. This one didn’t have as nice of a beach as the others…but don’t get me wrong overall it was very nice.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Stayed at Iberostar in Cancun last spring. Been south 5 times and this was the most enjoyable. Not too big or small. FW thought so to.
    If you go look in to this sight. cancuntarponfishing.com
    Only hooked into 1 tarpon but the barracuda fishing on 10lb. test was a riot.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

If you don’t have kids and are looking for a laid back place:

http://www.mahekalbeachresort.com/

We rented a unit right on the beach. Great place!

Its located on the north end of Play Del Carmen. Easy walking distance to all the shops and places to eat on 5th ave.

It isn’t your typical all inclusive though. The price covers 2 meals a day and you pay for your own drinks. We liked the option of being able to walk down to the local restaurants and eat dinner.

A promotion going now: 25% off – http://www.inntopia.travel/aspnet/09/packageselect.aspx?salesid=636569&packageid=18694&utm_source=Copy+of+July+Mahekal+Promo&utm_campaign=Mahekal+Sep++Promo&utm_medium=email

HYBES
    SE MN

Thanks for the info.Will check into some of these.I like bigger resorts,kids ok,4 star or more and away from Cancun, south to Tulum is good also. Won’t be fishing. I do that on the Pacific side.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

The wife and I are leaving 13th for 7 days to stay at Sandos Playacar beach resort. We have never been to this resort, stay at Cancun last time, not impressed. Last year went to Dominican Republic and it was awesome. I will let you know what we think we get back.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

We had a very good time even with rain most of the week. The resort was very clean and staff was very friendly. The restuarants were all very good really do not have any complaints. I would go back again no doubt!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.