For Those of You Running Tracked A/UTVs

• Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

What are/has been your thoughts/experience on studding the tracks? Is it worth the time and expense for anything other than bare ice? If it matters the tracks are Camoplasts.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

I didn’t have any on my old Cat and I didn’t have a big problem but a little sliding but heck it was fun. I don’t think it is necessary.

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Buy the Ice Rippers, They are titanium Studs and are great on the ice.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

What are/has been your thoughts/experience on studding the tracks? Is it worth the time and expense for anything other than bare ice? If it matters the tracks are Camoplasts.

I covered a lot of lake miles this past winter in a tracked Polaris Ranger and in my opinion you’ll only need the studs on glare ice. Once you have any snow cover at all you’ll have all the traction you could ever want or need from the tracks alone.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

James, etal–If it’s one thing we have in abundance here in the winter it’s snow, hence the reason for me splurging on a set of tracks. Bare ice isn’t too much of an issue but layered snow and slush can be at times. I’m probably going to play with them for a bit before making the decision to stud. Thanks for the info guys.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I haven’t got to use mine very much as we haven’t had much snow since I got them, but they are pretty much unstoppable. Go anywhere you want it seems. Now is it worth the cost? I decided to get the tracks rather than a snowmobile. Reason is so I just have one machine to maintain, store, etc. I’d like a little snow to be able to justify the purchase one of these years.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.