Deer Lake Near St. Croix Falls report needed

• haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Heading up there over the labor day holiday on a family vacation with some friends and wondering if its worth pulling a boat up from the Quad Cities Area? Also, what should I target? Any info appreciated.

Jeremiah

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I had a trailer in the lagoon many years ago. At that time it was a very good muskie lake. There are also nice crappies and bass. The water was very clear and easy to spot patches of great cabbage. Pretty easy lake to fish due to predictable structure. If you have gps you should be in good shape.
    Again I haven’t fished it in about ten years but was very good then with great water clarity. I’ve heard the clarity has gotten a little worse (homes fertilizing their lawns?)
    I’m sure someone else has been there recently that can provide some info.
    Let us know how you did! good luck

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Muskie’s

Also, the St. Croix river at St. Croix Falls is less then 10 miles away. You would enjoy that.

Bring the boat.

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

I haven’t been there this year. It was one of my favorite lakes. There are still decent numbers of muskies, but I think the size structure is smaller than in the past. We used to catch a lot of decent largemouths in there, but they seem to be very small now. Panfishing is still very good. The ramp area can be a pain. There is not a lot of parking and it is very shallow and weedy for quite a stretch out from the ramp. The last few years, junk weeds seem to have taken over, which is one of the reasons I haven’t gone there much lately. But that may be better this year, with the late weed growth. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.