battery charger

• jtetzloff

I have a Minnkota 330D charger that I have attached to two batteries that power the Terrova 80. The batteries are in a series. The instructions on the charger say to hook seperate banks to each battery but when I charge, only the first battery seems to charge… Any thoughts? Is there some switch or something on the battery series I need to change when I charge?

fishin
    Blaine, MN

I do not follow that. I believe the separate banks are for the battery set up, not the charger. One cord from the charger should go to one battery, the other to the 2nd battery. This will fully charge both.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Are you sure that the second battery is good? It might be so bad that it won’t take a charge. Just a thought.

FDR

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Assuming you’ve got it hooked up correctly here’s an idea to test if you have a bad bank on the charger. Swap the connections to the batteries. If the battery that takes the charge changes then you’ve got a bad bank. If it doesn’t then maybe a bad battery.

Good luck.

BBKK
    IA

On the bank that is not charging, what lights are showing and what are they doing? Just staying solid orange?

Make sure the charger is at the bottom of your group of wires on each terminal, make sure the nuts are tightened down real tight. It is important to get real good contact for it to take a charge.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.