Storms

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Its nothing but rolling thunder out there right now. Being late summer, good storms are getting fewer and fewer. This particular cell over Minnetonka has a hail sector that has my house right smack dab in the middle of its path. Please don’t fall apart on me.

To be continued…

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m on my way pug. Hang in there.

Actually I’m headed to Minnetonka to play hockey.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That was a fun 8-10 minutes. Not big enough to dent the truck or enough to shovel, but fun none the less. Lasted quite a while.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Anyone in the basement yet?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

That was a fun 8-10 minutes. Not big enough to dent the truck or enough to shovel, but fun none the less. Lasted quite a while.

You are so lucky to only think that you might have had an insurance claim! Our rain id=s on my stomping grounds right now and totally fell apart on us once again.

The most rain I think we have had fell on us this mid day. Think of it as a Windex pump spray bottle with one squeeze. For the last 8 weeks!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well I would’t want dents.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Had a cool little funnel cloud in Brooklyn Center. Haven’t seen the rain yet.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I’m looking at a partly cloudy sky with a band of clear sky beyond the Rocky Mountains.

Did I mention I’m in Denver.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ll be posting a video. I cut a snippet from what I video taped. Can you call it video taped if it was recorded on your phone?

Nothing exciting, just thought I’d share. Plus I know some people here miss my nasally, annoying voice.

Video

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

I’ll be posting a video. I cut a snippet from what I video taped.

Tell your neighbor to get his gutter fixed, it didn’t handle the rain and failed.

vern
    Richfield, MN

Nice video. Anyone know if the roof should be checked for damage after seeing hail that size?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Tell your neighbor to get his gutter fixed, it didn’t handle the rain and failed.

Good eye! LOL

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Nice video. Anyone know if the roof should be checked for damage after seeing hail that size?

I don’t think it was big enough to cause damage. I got barely got a couple small dimples on the roof of the truck.

That snippet was about 1 minute I cut out of about 10 minutes. That was the end of the storm and the biggest hail.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Quote:

Doubtful. There were very little winds it looked to come straight down there. Hail that size would need strong winds to go with it. No winds hail needs to be golf ball size and solid. Some times you get mushy hail and don’t get damage either.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice size stones…..

Jack

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Jay Schuur – Schuur Handy Construction
    Ph. 612-685-3566

Holy Cow!! Thunder wake you up??

Haven’t seen you around much Mr. Handy!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Our power is out here in Richfield. Kinda makes working in the office a little less productive than I’d like.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Thankfully, nothing but 4/10″ rain here. I still need my garage fixed from the June storm!

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Quote:

Quote:

Jay Schuur – Schuur Handy Construction
    Ph. 612-685-3566

Holy Cow!! Thunder wake you up??

Haven’t seen you around much Mr. Handy!!

Always around. Just lurking in the distance.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The news was scraping for some on location shots this morning. #9 had a live shot of a down tree. I noticed the area because it was 2 blocks from the house. The tree had to have been weakened in the storm a few weeks back, because there was a lot less debris this time around. I also didn’t notice any other big trees down in the area.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

I’ll be posting a video. I cut a snippet from what I video taped. Can you call it video taped if it was recorded on your phone?

Nothing exciting, just thought I’d share. Plus I know some people here miss my nasally, annoying voice.

Video

Saw your neighbors gutter come apart right above their door. It’s been a slow year for storms, I enjoy a good storm as long as nobody gets hurt

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Should have read the whole thread, someone mentioned the gutter I see…

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Storm Damage near 94th & Penn in Bloomington on 94th St.

Old Glory is still Flying Proudly.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I was lucky with the storm just skirting to the north of Farmington. My sisters friends in Eagan were not as lucky. There will be a few calls to insurance agents in their neighborhood.

handy

Roof Hail Damage. Check, may need contractor. Look for impact points (spots missing granules) spider web or asterisk lines radiating out from center are significant damage. Not urgent repair but may break up w/in 3 yrs.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

That’s live weather reporting and great vid. Drove during a hail once and it’s pretty scary. This is more informant than the weather channel.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

I know I missed it. Not to mention the heavy MN accent and the hairy arms…

East Bethel didn’t even get much rain to speak of. We dodged yet another one!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Normally we get missed to. When I was a kid we seemed to get nailed every year, but I think its all perception.

This one was lined up and held up pretty good going over Minnetonka.

I’m not worried about the shingles. I am renting there and move out in 3 weeks.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.