Kid tackle box

• Cp3
    Hammond, WI

So my daughter is coming up to 3 years old and I got her a fishing pole and tackle box. My question is what would be some good/fun things to stock up on in her box? I was just hoping to hear some cool ideas from IDO

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I just went through my boxes and got all the stuff I haven’t used in years. Filled up quick. Their favorites are all the lil plastics and they spend more time playing around with those things than actually fishing. Of course my daughters fav is sparkly pink twisty tail with a pink jig head. At that age between my nephews and my kids really anything is new and cool to them.

timmy

Every time my little guy catches a fish on something of mine, I let him keep it. He is starting to amass a pretty good little selection of my former favorites.

T

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

For my little guys, I gave them their own boxes with everything that doesn’t contain hooks. As already mentioned, they love soft plastic creepy-crawlies.

I also found some bargain bin crankbaits so I took the hooks off of them and gave them to the little guys. The little guys use them for casting practice out on the lawn. Gotta be careful here though,supervised casting only. Even on a Snoopy Rod, my 4 year old can chuck a Bomber at a velocity that will probably dent sheet metal. Yikes.

Grouse

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

With out a doubt, Bobbers and some weights. (keep the hooks and rig those for them when you get to the water)
    I also tossed it the old ‘casting plug’, just so they could ‘play’ with the stuff at home….as they got older, like mentioned already, ‘ah, just keep it your box!’
    They loved it…(still do)

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

Quote:

With out a doubt, Bobbers and some weights. (keep the hooks and rig those for them when you get to the water)
    I also tossed it the old ‘casting plug’, just so they could ‘play’ with the stuff at home….as they got older, like mentioned already, ‘ah, just keep it your box!’
    They loved it…(still do)

I remember as a little kid fishing with my casting plug in the folks sub pump in the basement. I wasn’t a very bright child.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

I let her pick out most of the stuff for her box. She really liked the crappie tubes that were pink and glittery

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Coloring book and some crayons for one that age. Mine at that age never did stick to fishing more than a few minutes. I did the fishing and handed them the rod when something was hooked. Lots of snacks to.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

My lake fishing box needs to get refilled this year. I’ve been taking my nephew out fishing being his dad’s not in the picture after all last year and this year by box is getting pretty light. Most of it transfer to his over time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.