Insight Genesis?

• steve_foss
    Ely, MN, USA

Has anyone used this software to generate custom contour maps on their Lowrance units? I have an HDS5 Gen 2 and am considering it. I wonder if the data you upload is then owned by the company and can be used by them to make more accurate maps of their own, or if it remains proprietary to me.

Also wondering how much the cost is for a map download. Can’t find those answers on the IG website.

steve_foss
    Ely, MN, USA

Finally was able to locate and wade through the terms. Answered my own question.

” Further, we may incorporate the sonar logs you elect to provide to us into our products and services and may sell these sonar logs to third parties for use in their products and services. ”

So be warned. You are paying the company for a service, but it is not a private service exclusive to you. You are also contributing data that will allow the company to produce more accurate maps for the general public.

In effect, the thousands who might use this service are an army gathering data to help out Insight Genesis, at you the customer’s own expense, instead of them paying someone for hyper-accurate sonar logs.

Well played, Insight Genesis.

igotone

sign on the more info the better

wish them well in doing this

mayB chips will drop the price a bet

but I am sure someone is thinking ahead
    to use this info 4 new stuff

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Brilliant idea…for the company.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.