Findings a carton to ship my broken rod in?

• Kdawg1966

I broke my St. Croix rod while fishing and need to find a carton around 5 ft. long to ship it in for replacement. Anyone know where something like this is sold? Thanks.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Any UPS shipping store. Where are you located?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I have gotten rod tubes from places like Gander in the past. Just stop in and ask if they have any laying around you could have. Then I just started keeping all the ones I get rods in for future shipping needs. If you live anywhere near Portage Wi I have a half dozen of them sitting in my barn.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

I broke a shimano rod they said cut it and use a postal service triangle tube. Worked great. Give St Croix a call and see if you can cut it.

Mwal

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I saved my Croix tube they sent me. If you are around Minneapolis pm me its yours.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

If you are over by us be happy to send in for you! We have extra tubes as well.

mikes-jigs
    Red Wing, MN

I was in a carpet store and the cardboard tubes in the middle of the carpet roll looked great for one. The lady said she gets lots of people asking for them to ship rods in.

fishin
    Blaine, MN

I have seen them for sale at Thorne Bros. for $5.00. I believe they are 9 foot cases. They are specific for shipping rods.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I second the suggestion, call them, they should let you cut in smaller sections. Fenwick actually uses digital images via e-mail now.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Quote:

If you are over by us be happy to send in for you! We have extra tubes as well.

Dean, if you get any rods in, I will be coming over in a week or so and would be happy to run them up to Park Falls for you, or anyone else for that matter. All you have to do is ask.

David Cindrich

If your around St. paul, I have one you can have.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

If you get close to Amery I have a few and one’s yours. Heck, we could even ship VIA UPS right from my business. That’s an everday thing around here.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.