Lakes with few weeds

• FryDog62

Can anyone suggest any metro area lakes that don’t have a lot of weeds? I’ve been pulling heavy braid through a lot of slop lately and just want to try something different for a change. Prefer bass lakes, but not limited to just that… Don’t have time to get up to Mille Lacs or down to Pool 4 right now.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If you find one let me know. I guarantee you there will be plenty of skiers and tubers on it though so there lil toesies won’t touch all that icky weeds.

handy

St Croix River for smallies. During the week only, or Sat am til 11. Weekend traffic is nuts…

grizz177
    Nisswa Mn.

Fished Clearwater today, if you are looking for a lake with no weeds don’t go there

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

Can anyone suggest any metro area lakes that don’t have a lot of weeds? I’ve been pulling heavy braid through a lot of slop lately and just want to try something different for a change. Prefer bass lakes, but not limited to just that… Don’t have time to get up to Mille Lacs or down to Pool 4 right now.

Don’t think you’ll find any, if you want weedless water you likely will have FISHLESS water, IMO!

Look for Deeper Lakes, although MnDNR Lake Finder doesn’t easily let you find them like the Wisconsin Lake Map finder.

Good Luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.