filet knifes(electric)

• Indytransplant
    Pierre, S.D.

what is the least troublesome knife. group went throught 4 mister twister knifes this weekend. plastic gears are going out. does anyone still make good electric knives with metal gears? thanks for your input.

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

I love my American Angler electric. I bought an extra 8″ shark blade that works great.
    Dream’n

hunter1723

What kind of fish are you cleaning? I have had my mister twister for 2 years and usually get 3 out of them. This one has done many of walleye and panfish.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

I’ve also had a Mister Twister for at least five years with many walleyes filleted and no problems. I did buy the blue & white one though (salt water edition) as I was told they were tougher.

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

Rapala has been through the mill for the last 7 years the only thing bad about it is putting it back in the case the cords are very long but it works great for cleaning the fish out on the rock. It runs off the boat battery as well as the 110

Indytransplant
    Pierre, S.D.

last two days we cleaned 445 walleye of verying sizes. we (izack walton leage and walleye unlimited)clean tournament fish for community and feeding south dakota food bank. we used 6 knives this weekend and shelled out 4. maybe we should change them out after 40 minutes but the motors are still good just the gear drive goes bad.

TJ
    Hammond, WI

This is going to sound stupid but the best fillet knife I have found is a $9 electric bread slicer from Wal-Mart. It is made by Black and Decker and has been running strong for me for 3 years. I have had mister twisters which work alright but this bread slicer is geared a lot faster than the twisters. I bought it not expecting much but it was only 9 bucks. If it took a crap…I wasn’t out much. I’m planning on buying another…as soon as this one dies!

boat
    SD

I use the same electric bread knives from Walmart/target….they work awesome and you can buy 5 of them for the price of one that is designed for fish. I have used the same one for the past 3 years…..

igotone

I’ve also had a Mister Twister for at least five years with many walleyes filleted and no problems

then I had to replace it and got another – did not work after about 2o Walleyes – took it back got another and it did same thing

The gears are made out of softer plastic I guess

to bad they were a pretty good one for 25 bucks and get 5 years out of it

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Fried two Mister Twisters so far… gear area up by the blades is first to go. Still like the knifes far more the Rapalas that seem to get so hot, you can’t even hold on to them. Others have had the same issues on other threads.

I once used a bred knife like others have mentioned…. worked great, and I see the blade gear areas are metal vs plastic. That will most likely be my next direction..

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Quote:

I use the same electric bread knives from Walmart/target….they work awesome and you can buy 5 of them for the price of one that is designed for fish. I have used the same one for the past 3 years…..

….what he said.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.