Home Security

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Hello-

We are looking at a home security system and are wondering what you’ve heard and/or have and your opinion.

I’ve called ADT, Protection 1, Alarm Force and Security 1.

All of them are priced about the same. ADT was very high pressured in selling, which put me off.

based on some of the reviews I’ve seen I am thinking about going with Security one.

Any other companies that you would recommend? Any IDO do this type of work?

Thanks,
    Dan

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We use a company called GSSC at the office and we use Apollo at home. I am very happy with both companies. We’ve been with Apollo for 5+ years and GSSC for 2+.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

Glock

I prefer Springfied, Smith & Wesson and Beretta. But hey, Glock is pretty good too.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

We use Trans Alarm out of Burnsville for Home and Business for over 25 years. Very satisfied

Mwal

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

we have ADT the sales call in people are a little rough. but we have not had a problem in over 9 years. and great on repsonse time

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

As they say all a lock does is keep out an honest person.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Alarm.com is the company I use. Very easy to use, totally wireless, runs off my smart phone, and includes a programable thermostat. I can arm or unarm my house as well as monitor the temp settings anywhere I have a cell signal.
    I’d be happy to show you the system if you’d like to see it. I’m in Lakeville.

Mike

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Don’t listen to the guys above recommending fire arms.

Just put up a 3’x3′ sign that points at your neighbors house saying.

“MY NEIGHBOR IS ANTI-GUN and SUPPORTS GUN FREE ZONES”.

Save you a ton of money and keeps you out of court.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I would take a few minutes to write out EXACTLY what you want to have covered and how you want it responded to. Break-ins with lights/sirens + monitored and police called, Fire alarm & fire dept. called, camera/DVR,…. then discuss with a tech from each company. In the world of being cost competitive, features or services may be excluded and not brought up by their sales rep in order to capture your interest based on a low-ball price. It’s much too bad that this happens, but it does very frequently.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.