Black Bear in East Bethel

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Never doubted that they were around, although I had never seen one. This fella came to the corn pile behind my house tonight. I was tying spinners in the garage, looking up once and awhile to see if the deer had shown up yet, had to do a double take before I ran in to get the camera. By size looked to be a two or three year old, but the color on the snout makes me think perhaps a bit older.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hessocute!

Whaddya name him Dan?

drew-evans
    rochester MN

on our way home from mille lacs last weekend we seen one just north of cannon falls. made it to the woods or we would have tried getting a picture.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Last Fri. night my son and his family were going from Madison to St. Paul on the interstate. They saw a nice sized bear in the median of the highway by Black River Falls.

slipbobnick
    MN

looks pretty happy to have found the corn

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

There is definately bear in the area. There have been quite a few sightings in St Francis… not far from East Bethel. In fact, last year… my daughter turned 16.. got her drivers license. First day of having her license and driving to school (end of may)… she had to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting a bear running across the road in front of her. You would think she would first experience deer or turkey or pheasant or anything else… but her first near miss was a medium size black bear.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It’s a pretty young bear. Big ears are the give away. It will be interesting to see if he/she sticks around.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Saw one by grey cloud island about a month or so ago

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

My neighbor saw one at Wilcox landing just south of Wabasha two weeks ago in the swampy Mississippi backwaters.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Quote:

My neighbor saw one at Wilcox landing just south of Wabasha two weeks ago in the swampy Mississippi backwaters.

ive got buddies just across the river in nelson and alma that see bears allot.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.