Need input for my new July 4th tradition

• haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Last year we started a new tradition of getting a new gun on the 4th. While, the gun locker is full, I will find some room. I’m not eyeing anything in particular, so I thought I’d ask for some suggestions from you all. I don’t want to spend an arm and a leg, so the barrett will have to wait.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Hand gun… Riffle…?
    I love my FN 5.7
    I Love all my AR’S
    I want/need a Gattlin’ Gun. I ‘ve been watching close on Gunbroker.com.

Happy shopping

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Something you can find ammo for.

desperado

Quote:

Something you can find ammo for.

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

I am available if she needs helping cleaning all the paint off her!

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

I don’t think my wife would approve. I live in the People’s Republic of Illinois, so maybe a conceal carry style handgun. I have most rifle calibers and all the gauges covered for the most part. Last year I picked up a spanish 10g side by side w/30″ barrel. Beautiful weapon, but it’s a mule. But, I’m 6’8″ 260, so I like it!! Like the AR, but they are a bit overpriced right now.

Palerider77

There are few things more American than a 1911, available in all sizes. I carry a full size every day and haven’t had an issue.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Quote:

I am available if she needs helping cleaning all the paint off her!

Nah! That’s alright….I’ll do it when I get home.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Every collection should have a Sig P226.
    Otherwise how are you set on Glocks?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m liking my Beretta PX4 Storm more and more I carry and shoot it but at 6’8″, I’m not sure it will fit your paws super well.

Sounds to me like you are one of those guys who has everything though. Do you have a super cool .22lr plinker?

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Quote:

Do you have a super cool .22lr plinker?

I have an old Marlin that I’ve had since college and my Dad’s old Remington Nylon 66 which was his first gun; which will be my son’s in a few years. My brother has a tricked out 10/22 and I like that too. But our “wise” politicians here in IL keep telling us they are going to outlaw them cause them because they are assault weapons, even though my 5 yr old nephew and 7 yr old niece shoot it all the time. I live in a state of morons, who keep electing morons.

Sorry for the rant.

hosejr

If you want a handgun that will last forever and never fail go with a glock or a M&P. Something in 9mm… I tell you I picked up a savage MK2 FVSR .22LR bolt action.. This gun is super fun and will stay in your collection for years to come.

kooty
    Keymaster

I was thinking an HK-MP5 in .22lr. My uncle has one, he said it’s fun as heck to shoot. Although he lives in a state where he can also own a suppresser. The western states have all the fun.

A gun I’ll be getting as soon as they hit the market will be the new Savage .17WSM. I also want a .22WMR like the 2nd picture.

I’m a small caliber guy. I can spend hours plinking with my buddies out in South Dakota. Check out the ballistics for those small rounds!

slipbobnick
    MN

something fun and different. get a bearcat ruger 22.

fun to shoot unique something you can have a lot of fun target practicing with. bit different type of fun than an AR but fun.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m not sure the make/model, but a buddy has a double action revolver in .22lr. It’s his trapping gun. Fun gun and with the scope it’s pretty darn deadly.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I like the idea of celebrating freedom by celebrating freedom.

Personally, my mind would turn toward getting a vintage gun that deserves to be saved and preserved forever.

Lots of possibilities here, but I tend to like oddballs just for the fun factor. Where is the fun in having a cabinet full of .22s and .30-06?

A few of my favorites:

– Transitional cartridges in old small game calibers like the .264 Win, .32-20, ..25-20 or semi-obsolete, but still useful cartridges like the .250 Savage or .300 Savage.

– First generation varmint cartridges like the .22 Hornet, .218 Bee, .219 Zipper, and even the mighty .220 Swift, King of the Woodchuck Mashers.

– Old .22 gallery rifles like the Winchester pump or the Remington Model 12.

Plenty of other ideas out there.

Grouse

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Between a S&W MP15 and a Springfield 40XD at this point. Thanks for all your help.

kooty
    Keymaster

I love my XD 40. It’s by far my favorite to shoot. Just doesn’t CC well.

hosejr

What did you end up with?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.