Florida fishing

• jon_wbl

Trying to help out a friend. They are trying to get her father out for some off shore fishing before his health gets too much worse. I guess it’s on his list. That being said they have no specific destination in mind. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions as far as location, time of year, or guides? I guess what they fish for doesn’t really matter. Thanks, Jon

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

The options are so great here I bet others are having trouble figuring out how to reply.

If it was me and I needed a bucket list trip, I do the FL Keys. Always wanted to see them and if the fishing isn’t great, who cares, you’re in the keys. Beautiful area I understand.

My perception of the Keys is that you have access to many different types of fishing. Shallow bone fish to deep sea marlin, etc.

My in-laws fish the Ft. Myers to Naples area and do really well. Most of their fishing is in-shore or intercoastal, not in open gulf. Best time is Sept – Oct from what I understand.

To get spot on advice, try to narrow down time of year, type of fishing or target species. Then people here can get real specific for you.

ET

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

What area.? Many of the large group boats are good action for a reasonable rate. Most inshore guides are around 500 for 6 hr or 400 for 4 hr

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Sanibel island area for Tarpon in may thru July for Tarpon. WAY too much fun!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.