what can a dnr officer do?

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Same with me Kooty, I corrected my kids when they needed it, both the wife and I did. Both of my kids are grown up, 25 and 32 and both have had a few problems,,,but their hard workers and never miss work and try to make it on their own, and do make it on their own, and what really makes both the wife and I happy is even at their age they still tell us they love us, not occasionally but often every month, were pretty happy with them because life’s not perfect but it sure makes a guy feel good when they do..

I can see why we need DNR officers or violaters would be everywhere and taking what they can and as much as they want, and sadly until it becomes rare to see one. We do need officers that check things out or some would basically be raping our resources. Should I do the things required, I think a lot of that should be left up to my decision. Should the DNR be a little more lienient, in my opinion yes and give out more warnings. I don’t think people are spoiled, I think their being lawed to death to the point where its a common state of mind to think,,,am I doing anything wrong theres so many laws. If some writer would publish a book with all the laws that are in my opinion bogus it would probably be 2″ thick and 10″ by 12″.

Would I visit a state that has a lot of laws and laws that pertain to just certain areas, I personally wouldn’t because It would always be a concern if I’m doing something wrong, too many laws does stop participation in certain things. I do love the outdoors but if it came to laws being different all over my state, certain laws in certain places I’d honestly just fish my own home waters and wouldn’t bother going anywhere else, why bother when I may be doing something wrong and not know it, its not worth it to me.

Snap

LOL, I think that’s the first time i’ve been called a hippie in my life.

Assaulting your children has many detrimental affects but most importantly it lowers their IQ, instills in them a normalcy of violence and conditions them to be subservient to power throughout their life. A little bit like having a slave mentality. Ask yourself why it’s illegal to hit your neighbor or your waiter but considered perfectly fine to hit your own child. A child is utterly defenseless. Don’t get me wrong, i’m not a fan of any law that tells parents what to do any more than I am a fan of hitting your child. I see it as one of those primordial vestiges of the stone age. Kinda like slavery, eventually people will see it as the violent and immoral act that it is and they will be appalled at the thought. May take several more generations though.

Spanking lowers your childs IQ

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

No wonders i ain’t brite. I spank my monkkey all the times,,,

Now ask yourself why it was ok to slap your teammate on the rear when you played sports.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Since the door is open….it does explain the content of a number of posts. The only explanation for the rest would be that you and BK are related

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

That explains everything

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

LOL, I think that’s the first time i’ve been called a hippie in my life.

Assaulting your children has many detrimental affects but most importantly it lowers their IQ, instills in them a normalcy of violence and conditions them to be subservient to power throughout their life. A little bit like having a slave mentality. Ask yourself why it’s illegal to hit your neighbor or your waiter but considered perfectly fine to hit your own child. A child is utterly defenseless. Don’t get me wrong, i’m not a fan of any law that tells parents what to do any more than I am a fan of hitting your child. I see it as one of those primordial vestiges of the stone age. Kinda like slavery, eventually people will see it as the violent and immoral act that it is and they will be appalled at the thought. May take several more generations though.

Spanking lowers your childs IQ

Since you are in the scientific mindset let’s remember that we are all just animals. And most of our society is setup on a utilitarian type of governance and a good spank is just that. Kid will ask themselves is it worth it or not. Nowadays with all these fancy arguments you want to set forth, we are starting to reap what we sow. Cowardly mass murders to children, adults and elderly. Probably bc at some point in time these people were given the same argument and not just handed their lil to them. People knew their place back when and nowadays its sickening to see some of these kids running around like chickens with their heads cut off with no self control at all bc they never had to learn it for themselves. A lot of disorders and drugs being prescribed lately you think? Why is that? We started being soft and relying on ridiculous moral arguments like yours instead of looking at the facts of our natures and dealing with reality. Sorry for my bluntness it isn’t personal but strikes a chord with me deep.

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Quote:

Now ask yourself why it was ok to slap your teammate on the rear when you played sports.

It is not ok to do that. A pat on the back always worked for us.
    You can be put in jail for that.

Snap

Quote:

A lot of disorders and drugs being prescribed lately you think? Why is that? We started being soft and relying on ridiculous moral arguments like yours instead of looking at the facts of our natures and dealing with reality. Sorry for my bluntness it isn’t personal but strikes a chord with me deep.

No need to apologize for being blunt to me nhamm. I see no sense in keeping quiet or beating around the bushes when as you say it strikes a cord. I would just say that I don’t believe morals are ridiculous. For me it’s wrong to assault anyone other than in self defense. It seems to me a pretty non-controversial moral at that. Especially someone who basically didn’t choose to be with you, is trapped with you, has an incomplete understanding what’s going on, and is utterly defenseless. If it’s self defense that’s another story entirely.

I would also contend that in a society such as ours where 60% of parents admit to hitting their children that in itself may be the answer to the disorders you described. Nearly 80% of prison inmates were assaulted by their parents. When you’re raised thinking violence is the ultimate authority that’s all you know. Kinda like saying when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

I will give you that it’s much harder to raise a child without instilling in them a sense of fear and violence but in the end you have a healthier, well adjusted, and more intelligent human being.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

60% of parents admit to hitting their children that in itself may be the answer to the disorders you described

You are right, it use to be 100% so that 40 leftover makes up for many wild children.

I am sure most inmates did get spanked, as well as went to school at some point, drank milk, heck maybe even went fishing does all those things mean they are bad as well? No, just means they were not implemented well, or to an extreme where it becomes negative.

In the end we lock up our criminals in jails and some good states left will execute your if the crime dictates it, so as a society we are already saying spanking is ok. Can it be done to an extreme? Yes, but so can fishing but it doesn’t mean it is not necessary to do. Last time I checked any other means other than jail is not effective, most people want harsher term sentences, bc sending these criminals to those wonderful doctors as you stated above the numbers that reoffend is sickening. I bet you beat those offenders to an inch of their life and let them go the odds of them not doing anything bad again would be a lot better than spending thousands of state dollars on pychologists who are just gonna tell them it is not their fault and it was due in part to the spanking they got when they were little.

pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

Quote:

Quote:

60% of parents admit to hitting their children that in itself may be the answer to the disorders you described

You are right, it use to be 100% so that 40 leftover makes up for many wild children.

I am sure most inmates did get spanked, as well as went to school at some point, drank milk, heck maybe even went fishing does all those things mean they are bad as well? No, just means they were not implemented well, or to an extreme where it becomes negative.

In the end we lock up our criminals in jails and some good states left will execute your if the crime dictates it, so as a society we are already saying spanking is ok. Can it be done to an extreme? Yes, but so can fishing but it doesn’t mean it is not necessary to do. Last time I checked any other means other than jail is not effective, most people want harsher term sentences, bc sending these criminals to those wonderful doctors as you stated above the numbers that reoffend is sickening. I bet you beat those offenders to an inch of their life and let them go the odds of them not doing anything bad again would be a lot better than spending thousands of state dollars on pychologists who are just gonna tell them it is not their fault and it was due in part to the spanking they got when they were little.

Well said sir!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Another judge on a power trip.

I think the world needs more slaps on the [censored], not less. Next time we fish together and you catch a nice fish, guess what.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Somewhere I got lost in this thread. Is it OK for the DNR Officer to slap your kids or not??

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Another judge on a power trip.

I think the world needs more slaps on the [censored], not less. Next time we fish together and you catch a nice fish, guess what.

Note to self, Don’t turn your back on Pug in the Boat

Is that how you and BK Celebrate a big catch

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

Somewhere I got lost in this thread. Is it OK for the DNR Officer to slap your kids or not??

My apologies.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Next thing you are going to tell us, everyone deserves a participation medal….

desperado

and could even become the thsenior thsenator from Minnethsota …. afterall; I’m good enough, I’m thsmart enough, and doggone-it people like me

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Sounds like Snap has done extensive research on the effects of a good old fashioned spankin… so your smarter as an adult, if you didn’t get spanked is what he said ? I would like to see where he published his study methods and results, other than on a fishing forum

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Same scientists will show that IQ is not a proper way to determine how well a person will do in life. Its interpersonal skills and creativity. If I got a million bucks I would be able to fund some studies as well to show whatever the heck I want.

Think I’m gonna go spank my kids now just for the hay of it, thanks for provoking me snap I’ll tell my kids its your fault.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

How the hell did we get off on spankin

I don’t get it

Is there anything published in that study on the long term effects of self spanking during those teenage years

Snap

Quote:

Nope, whatever you receive in life you should either earn it or give it back. Just against assaulting a helpless child. Especially when the assault is received from the most trusted people in their life. Very sad and strange to me that that might be seen as a controversial opinion.

Snap

Quote:

How the hell did we get off on spankin
    I don’t get it

I think it went something like this:
    1) Can the DNR hop in my boat and check my live well uninvited?
    2) Yes.
    3) Why would we allow the government to violate our property rights, privacy, and steal from us at the point of a gun.
    4) Maybe it’s because we don’t recognize fundamental morals and ethics?
    5) Why would that be?
    6) Maybe it’s because some parents can’t seem to find the patience or haven’t developed basic problem resolution skills to handle their children behaving like children so those parents instead take our their frustrations by physically assaulting their own kids.
    7) But what does that have to do with the DNR?
    8) We’ve learned to behave like subjects and slaves rather than free people when a government employee hops in our boat uninvited and starts rummaging through our personal belongings because we know the government is backed up by the kind of un-defensible violence we were subject to growing up as helpless children.

Quote:

Is there anything published in that study on the long term effects of self spanking during those teenage years

I’ve heard it leads to memory loss but I can’t remember where I heard that.

big_g
    Isle, MN

So the DNR gave him a spanking ? How long have you been waiting for a post to interject your child rearing skills ???

Viewing 23 posts - 61 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.