Images that make a Dad smile

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks for taking a moment to look at my mini-brag post. Lindsey has finished a first chapter in her life and graduates in the morning. This fall is off to college and my first baby is out the door. I joked around for about a year with replacing each of my two daughters with a dog when they leave. guess it wasn’t too much of a joke anymore as I just added a 8 week old chocolate lab to the family. Spent a couple hours tonight looking through old photographs with my wife………………

I know a lot of guys on here have been down this road before me. So different when it’s your own daughter and you stop and question yourself if you taught her everything she really needs to know. Guess that is what being a Father is really all about.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You have a beautiful daughter Randy.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

You have a beautiful daughter Randy.

X2 and it looks like you were a true dad- congrats on the graduation and best wishes to your daughter.

Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

Looks like you did a fine job!

WS

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks guys. Obviously I’m very proud of her. She graduated with honors, enough scholarships to have her first year of college paid, she completed a lot of college weighted class in high school and racked up a lot of transferable credits. Completed her CNA training last year and the place she did her clinical at created a job for her. Works 20-28 hours a week at a nursing home and changes a lot of diapers. She has an indescribable natural ability to be caring and responsive to children and elderly. Her goal is to work with special needs children. She’s lucky to realize her calling at such a young age. Yep, I’m a proud daddy!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You did a fine job Randy, congratulations!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

It has been said,

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Fantasic Randy!!! I personally think being a father is the most rewarding thing in life.

timmy

Quote:

. Yep, I’m a proud daddy!

As you danged well should be!!!!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Quote:

. Yep, I’m a proud daddy!

As you danged well should be!!!!

X2 – Said perfectly. Congrats on a job-well-done, and the start of another chapter to come.

Joel

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Thanks for sharing Randy! You a inspiration of what a father should be, for younger future fathers, like me. Now I just have to find a woman willing to date me (understand my fishing addiction) , let alone conceive a child with….

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Now I just have to find a woman willing to date me (understand my fishing addiction) , let alone conceive a child with….

For almost 27 years I wake up and look at this woman next to me and still wonder how I got to be this lucky in life. She gives me the drive to be a better person every day of my life. I honestly hope everyone has the opportunity to experience the same type of relationship in their life.
    I believe all kids are a product of their environment. Just like a well constructed home, everyone needs a solid and true foundation to build on.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Congrats Randy. Those pics tell the whole story. Time with your kids is priceless.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Well done Randy, she’s beautiful and a good head on her shoulders.

the_popper
    Suburbs of Chicago, IL

Well done Randy, You obviously did something righ; you have a beautiful daughter that uses her brain and knows what she wants in life. Enough scholarships to have the first year paid for, thats huge.

I’m thinking you might need to bring that ‘Stache back.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.