Granrud “CLAM-PAYS” Guide Servce Sells Out???

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sure wish I had someone like that to promote my business. Best of luck Chris.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I dont agree with calling sombody out in open forum, no i dont, never will. but for you to allow then aid the tread bashing a man who put dollars in your pocket and helped grow your company says alot about the integrity involved… see my point..

Hey pot, you just called me out.

My goal here has been to steer the thread back positive and get people back to offering positive comments and well-wishes which seems to be working. You’re right, I need to have my integrity examined.

fisherman-j
    Northern MN

The fishing industry is VERY small and getting smaller. It’s built on 1) marketing budgets and 2) relationships. Ideally, anyone promoting products in the industry, from TV shows to guides, have long-term relationships, but budgets shrink and those who promote products get less and less by companies that want more and more.

You can’t blame anyone who switches brands for a better deal, but the only caveat is losing credibility, especially for those who change sponsorships frequently. Remember the fishing industry, and those who promote products are in a business to do so – and need to make the best decision for their business (regardless of a few negative postings from fishing websites!).

hanson

At some point in my life… I think I was much more brand loyal than I am now. I just want to use the best equipment that will help me catch fish. I was a Marcum guy for many, many years… last year I got a Vex FL-22. I’d also been an Otter guy as well but I looked long and hard at Fish Traps before settling back on an Otter Lodge. Owned a GMC Sierra for 10 years and (gasp!) bought a Ford F-150. Have Humminbirds on my boat now but would strongly consider Lowrance next go around.

As a promoter, you really have to market your products strengths and not bash the competition. Because the competition may be your next marketing partnership.

Ice Team, Clam, Fish Trap, Vex, Jason Mitchell, etc are a great company with great employees and staff members. Same with Marcum & Otter.

Good Luck to you Chris!

norge

Business relationships like this are often a 2 way street. Not simply a direct sponsorship in many cases but a chance for a committed company to have some much needed Research and Development. Doing a CRITICAL analysis of what’s available from a manufacturer in order to make improvements and also to play the “What if…………? game. What if we try this or that? Could this work? Existing products get fine tuned. New products get field tested by a knowledgeable person. In the end this crazy game of fishing probably goes forward. I understand being brand loyal but I expect this will work out well for Chris and his new partners in the ice game. The trickle down could work out fine for all of us. Wonder what new tools we will see? New ways to use the existing tools? Good luck to all involved!

lhprop1
    Eagan

Best of luck to Chris.

As long as he doesn’t use his new products to catch bass, I support him.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Ok, we’re getting mostly positive comments but I can’t sit here all day and delete the snarky ones that pop up either. So I’m locking this one down. If you want to send Chris a “good luck” message I’m sure everyone can figure out how to find him on Facebook, etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.