New Trimmer opinions

• CornHunka

I need a new string trimmer. I don’t want electric, mix gas is fine, but I don’t want to break the bank. Which one would you choose and more importantly, which one do you wish you didn’t choose?

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

I have used the Echo brand and liked em. I see folks who do lawn service using them, so they must be built fairly good.
    Just my take on the string jobs.

Roger

big_g
    Isle, MN

Friend just bought a Husqvarna… he loves it ! Stay away from the Homelites (I have 2…neither working right now)

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

THEY AIN’T BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD FOR SURE

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Home Depot just lowered there price on a Echo by $20 to $199

TJ
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

Friend just bought a Husqvarna… he loves it ! Stay away from the Homelites (I have 2…neither working right now)

X2 on Husqvarna. I first went the cheap route from Menards and it lasted one summer. Then went to Husqvarna and have for 3 years without issue.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I got a new Husqvarna3 years ago and put many hours on it with the brushcutter arrachment. Husky is th go to if you want other arrachments.

For just a trimmer you can’t beat Echo.

Grouse

kwp
    Eden Prairie

I agree with the Echo recommendations…Very reliable trimmer.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

I have a Homelite that I bought used 21 years ago and it still runs like a champ. And I have a lot of trimming to do in my 3 acre yard!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would imagine maybe they were built a little tougher 21 years ago…. probably hard to find one new today Mine are probably 10 and 12 years old. 1st one broke at the bottom of the shaft… the other one needs new gas line and probably a tune up. I don’t use string, I put the 3 serrated blade choppers on. I shouldn’t call mine a “trimmer” either, they are more like weed clearers

navigator175

I have a stihl with the brush cutter blade,string attachment and the 3’extension with a 12″ chain saw. Works great for brushing out my bow stand……when I get it back from my buds I will let you know how it is.

beck
    Menomonie, WI

x2 for Stihl

BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

I really am a fan of Echo and Husqvarna. They always start for me when I need them. I can’t say that about my Stihl blowers. I’d recommend though if you go with Echo to skip the SRM 225 and bump up to the SRM230. Both have speed feed heads.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

My Stihl works great. If you buy the combi setup you can get almost any attachment you want. Use the Stihl synthetic 2 stroke oil.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.