Boat insurance

• dbright
    Cambridge

Who do you guys use? Do they cover your fishing gear while in the boat without a additional rider? My current policy is the first boat I’ve insured. I paided extra for additional coverage for boat equipment I find out today does not include fishing gear in your boat. With the price of their additional rider it would almost double my premium. I was told that my renters policy that they talked me out of keeping would of covered a $1000 away from home.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Who do you guys use? Do they cover your fishing gear while in the boat without a additional rider? My current policy is the first boat I’ve insured. I paided extra for additional coverage for boat equipment I find out today does not include fishing gear in your boat. With the price of their additional rider it would almost double my premium. I was told that my renters policy that they talked me out of keeping would of covered a $1000 away from home.

Contact Justin with Woods and Water INS on here. Awesome service and he knows how to insure a boat and it’s goodies. He can talk the talk and walk the walk.

http://www.woodsandwaterinsurance.com/

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Last year a boat waked me. A very expensive HD camera with all the extra fixings including wireless mic, tripod and a wide angle lens fell over the side of the boat.

I was sick. No insurance will cover my lack of foresight in securing the tripod.
    I shot Justin a note that was more whining then a question about being covered.

No problems! Couldn’t believe it!

It’s hard to NOT recommend Justin.

FYI I know of another guide that didn’t have the ink dry on his insurance. Lost his lower end. Guide said the only way it would have been easier was if I didn’t hit the log in the first place.

Justin gets

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I use Allstate. Covers trailer, boat, motor, gear, etc. $97 for the whole year.

Hillbiehle

Did I hear you correct that they talked you out of a renters policy? Forget about the bells and whistles on the boat insurance until you have a decent renters policy with adequate limits of liability.

dbright
    Cambridge

Quote:

Might want to read your policy again. That’s what I thought also. It covers what you said but not your fishing gear. Boat equipment which I paid extra for covers depth finders trolling motors etc not your fishing gear.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

Quote:

Might want to read your policy again. That’s what I thought also. It covers what you said but not your fishing gear. Boat equipment which I paid extra for covers depth finders trolling motors etc not your fishing gear.

Double checked. All good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.