one eye jigging spoon

• mhtrapper

New to site love the videos was wondering if someone could tell me where i can find the one eye jigging spoon it looks to me, like a hook on both ends and must tie off on the top in the middle so i believe it hangs horazontial sorry about spelling thanks

mhtrapper

how does it attach to line as far as location on jig i have not seen any decent pictures thanks.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Everts Resort in Hager City has them too.

You tie on to the to split ring, I use a small snap for quick changing.

Where are you located ?

mhtrapper

I am from NY we have lake ontario an the st lawrence river a mojor shipping channel pretty good current in places i just thought with two hook if you tied off to end the one hook would get caught in the line.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

If your line gets tangled on the top hook you are jigging them to hard, atleast that’s what I have found out while using them.

mhtrapper

i was hoping they would tie on like a vibrato i think that is how it is spelled thy tie on in the center and jig hangs horiziontal

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

There are times I take just the top hook off,it allows you to use a heavier one and pound the bottom even harder without tangling the top hook.

mhtrapper

is the jig heavier on one end than the other and if so if running both hook which end is better to tie of to

mhtrapper

if running one hook which end should you leave hook on or doest it matter

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

is the jig heavier on one end than the other and if so if running both hook which end is better to tie of to

tie so the blade is down,Then you will get the proper flutter action while lure falls to the bottom.Take the top hook off ,which is the one just above the lure eye itself.(left hook in the pic)

mhtrapper

so tie on the heavier end of jig , i will have to order some , do they make a mold for these so you can make your own

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

so tie on the heavier end of jig , i will have to order some , do they make a mold for these so you can make your own

They do make a mold,if you already pour other jigs it can be a good mold to add to your pouring.

You have a PM

mhtrapper

where do i find my pm at new to site , tonight is first time user thanks

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

where do i find my pm at new to site , tonight is first time user thanks

at the very top right where it says ” welcome mhtrapper…Log Out” a flag will show, click on flag

mhtrapper

i think i found it i just sent you a pm back i believe

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

got it

mhtrapper

i may get some from you to try them before i try to start making them, i will ask couple guys at work that may want some also , who has the mold do-it

mhtrapper

thanks, i have seen that before, like i said i will send you some pictures if you would like, nice talking to you

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Trumar is right on…I get mine from Everts Resort

I have always tied my line to the actual eye of the spoon rather than the split ring. They rarely tangle if you work them correctly.
    Tap the bottom, lift a few inches hold still (as long as you can) repeat after a tight line slow drop…
    They can give you amazing results…
    This nice eye came to a one eye back in April at P-4.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Quote:

Trumar is right on…I get mine from Everts Resort

I have always tied my line to the actual eye of the spoon rather than the split ring. They rarely tangle if you work them correctly.
    Tap the bottom, lift a few inches hold still (as long as you can) repeat after a tight line slow drop…
    They can give you amazing results…
    This nice eye came to a one eye back in April at P-4.

x2 with Tom, I always tie directly to the lure. Here in Iowa, the one eye is about the most popular jigging spoon there is. I use them very often. They will catch about anything, from walleyes, perch, sheephead, I even have caught big bluegills on them and flathead catfish. The eye should be pointing up when you tie it to your line. To fish it, you can lift it swiftly and let it flutter down, or do a slow and steady lift, hold, drop, which I find most successful. FWIW, riverwalleyes.com is the great place to buy them. Hutch makes a beautiful lure. Good luck!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I am not sure what I was thinking about when I first replied, I also tie directly to the eye of the spoon.

My bad,must be age catching up with me

mhtrapper

just wondering trumar if you received the blade bait pictures i sent. thanks

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.