Keeping track of crankbaits

• huskerdu

How do you keep track of colors and models/styles/brands that you already own? I walk into Fleet/Thorn bros and simply get overwhelmed by the selection! I have a hard time remembering what I already own and no you cant have to many!

chefejs
    Shakopee, MN

take pics with your phone of what you have… refer to them at the store… use your phone note pad utility as an ongoing list of what you think you need to buy…. handy little tools… for shopping lists….

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I take inventory and make a shopping list, almost like a grocery list but for crankbaits

mojogunter

Quote:

I take inventory and make a shopping list, almost like a grocery list but for crankbaits

I do the same thing. I have a inventory on my computer and pictures for insurance in case they were ever stolen. I am at 265 cranks now. I think I have a problem, but admitting I have a problem is the first step to recovery. Now I am waiting for the scatter raps to be available on the rapala vip program so I can pick a few up.

huskerdu

Thanks for the ideas, I thought about the pic idea. May be the way to go. I am worried about 12 step program being documented!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

I do the same thing. I have a inventory on my computer and pictures for insurance in case they were ever stolen. I am at 265 cranks now. I think I have a problem, but admitting I have a problem is the first step to recovery. Now I am waiting for the scatter raps to be available on the rapala vip program so I can pick a few up.

Yup I like to make a list in the fall when I organize them to put away for the winter. Then I can break up the buying so it doesnt hurt as bad lol. I gets tough when you are trying to remember close to a 1000 cranks. I have bought duplicates before, if it caught fish before I throw it in the spare boxes. You just never know when they are going to stop boxing that color! And no I dont have a crank bait problem

huskerdu

Quote:

Quote:

Yup I like to make a list in the fall when I organize them to put away for the winter. Then I can break up the buying so it doesnt hurt as bad lol. I gets tough when you are trying to remember close to a 1000 cranks. I have bought duplicates before, if it caught fish before I throw it in the spare boxes. You just never know when they are going to stop boxing that color! And no I dont have a crank bait problem

And no I dont have a crank bait problem , I tell myself that all the time!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I have about 6 or 8 different cranks that no matter how many I have, if I run across them somewhere at a decent price, I buy more. I have a box of “spares” that I restock from. Other than that, I take an inventory every fall as somebody else stated and then restock over winter.

mojogunter

Here are a couple of pic of trays. I guess I am a fan of flicker shads and huskie jerks, or it would appear that way anyway. I also band the hooks so they stay tangle free, and can store much more in a smaller area. Slight pain, but worth it in the long run.

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

The rubber band thing works great. I started doing it about 2 years ago. Saves a lot of time in the long run.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.