Not much fishing will be done on WI opener

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

WI fishing opener isn’t going to happen in our area this year. Tomorrow is WI fishing opener (Harvest Opener) for in-land lakes. Every lake I check out is locked up. Open shorelines with rotten ice so no ice fishing for opener either.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Great bite on the St Croix! Come on down!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Hottest bite of the year on Pool 4 is this weekend.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Southern half of the state is wide open.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Good deal. Post away. A lot of guys have been asking me about ice conditions. They may want to head down south.

honest_john
    Twin Cities, Minn.

Please do tell of any walleye lakes with open water in Wisconsin. Thank you. Thank you.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Honest John:

Right now I am thinking that anything south of US Highway 8 will be open for this opener. North of that there will be some lakes or parts of lakes open, but not very many!!! Here I come Lake Superior, I hope…

Mark

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Anyone know how Yellow Lake or the other area lakes look like in Burnett County?

I heard ice was off Clam Lake? Or was that just hearsay?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Anyone know how Yellow Lake or the other area lakes look like in Burnett County?

I am just to the SE in Barron County (Turtle Lake). Hayward area lakes are still ice fishable. I would think Burnett County ice conditions are somewhere in between.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Around Amery Area lake are still not fishable.
    Balsam isn’t locked tight, but still ice covered and not getting boats out.
    Deer is same. Wapo.. I am checking later today but thinking none of these are going to be ready until more warm weather.
    For those that do get out, be safe. Water temps are going to be cooooooold!!!

the_popper
    Suburbs of Chicago, IL

Quote:

My Grandfather just came down from Siren this past weekend. He was saying he’d be ice fishing this week if his wife would let him. He said part of the flowage was open as of last week though.

desperado

Hook up the boat and head south.
    OR
    Grab the auger and head north.

Fishin’ is Fishin’
    but how often will you get the chance to be able to say you icefished for opener ?

Jake_A

Everyone forgets the lowly trout this weekend I’ll be on the streams if they don’t look like chocolate milk.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.