Life continues

• outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Last July 2 of my cousin’s were murdered at home. Some of you may remember it. It was national news. My family was in the spotlight for a couple of weeks and it was not something that was easy or even wanted after they were found buried in a field. They were missing for 3 days.

Since this incident I have taken a new look on many of these horrific crimes that have happened and are in the news. We often forget about these families involved until the trial begins and then we complain about the outcome of the trial that this monster should have gotten killed or a more harsh sentence. Often times that is the case but a new look has been forced on me.

In our case it was not “Did this guy really commit the crime? He confessed and had no way out. To put him to death is much more complicated and takes years of court dates and such that is a roller coaster ride for the families of both the victims and the criminal’s family. The way this case worked is one day on court and he will likely never be able to appeal since it appears all legalities were followed. I am happy that know that he will never be out of prison and not be able to hurt others.

I am not looking for sympathy just trying to remind that there is more than meets the eye on these high profile cases. Lots of emotions to consider and in our case to protect the 3 young children that lost their mothers.

Link to the trial coverage

skeeterbite
    illinois

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and youre family. May god grant you peace and fast closier to this terrible crime

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“Life continues” for all but your cousins.

I’m happy there’s some closure for your family Aaron.

coleycrawler
    Minneapolis

I could never imagine what this has been like for you an your family. Having to answer to the press while grieving has got to put more anxiety and potentially be unhealthy to all involved with your family. I always get irritated / and my heart hurts when I see family’s and children being exploited for the cause of press. The kids who lost their mother, you and your family… I’m so sorry and hope this horrible chapter in life will be gone soon. My goodness.
    I’m glad you have security knowing he can’t get out to hurt again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.