What a diffrence 10 miles makes

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Took my son to work early this morning and when we left the house here it was sprinkling lightly. Made it all the way through town and it started snowing, white cars, roofs, grass, everything turned white. We seen it snowing and at the same time we said, its snowing with dismay. Came back through town and just like someone drew a line it was green again.

I’m with the guys who say,,,for this year,,,die winter die!!!

stuart
    Mn.

Rember the April blizzard of 1973? 20 ft drifts in the Har mar mall and no school for dang near two weeks.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I think that was the winter we got 103″ of snow here. People would shovel out thier parking spots and come back and there would be someone already parked where they just shoveled. Alot of fights over parking spots that year.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

around 1982 or so we had a mother’s day snow dumping….May isn’t immune from winter either

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Yeah, this sucks

It’s gonna be one of those years where we go from winter, right on in to summer, then back into winter

I don’t here those liberal green peace types whining about global warming though

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

It just doesn’t want to end up here either. We still have 2ft on the ground, it is going down but when will it be over. Fishing is closed all over the province right now, the southern district opens back up May 5th and I will say u may be able to ice fish somewhere. July is the only month that I personally have never seen snow.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

around 1982 or so we had a mother’s day snow dumping….May isn’t immune from winter either

That was my Turkey opener w 10″ of snow on the ground at day break…I actually shot a Tom later that day near the cedar swamp where I saw all the tracks going in.

ToddOlufson
    Coon Rapids, MN

Good one Joe but remember the lib’s. do not call it global warming any longer it’s “climate change” and the weather is not the same as yesterday so there must be something man made to cause it. LOL

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

DO I ever remember Was on my way back to Lansing that nite it started from down by Burlington. Got as far as Dubuque and waded in snow up to my knees to get to a house. Was stranded for 2 days.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

I can remember snow for Memorial Day when I was a bitty girl. Wanted to go be in the parade. Mom wouldn’t let me go because of the snow.

herb
    6ft under

Going to mow the yard tomorrow.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

OHhhhh I feel for you
    I don’t have to do that yet as the little bambies have been in my yard nearly every day all day. 2 mamma’s and 3 last years fawns. They are so use to me looking out the window at them that when I opened the door and went out they just walked away a bit amd stood there looking at me.

herb
    6ft under

I think you need a permit for private zoos.

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

Yep April 16 1973 16″ of snow in Waverly Iowa, worked in a drug store my senior year of high school could not keep the store front doors shut the wind kept blowing them open. I had just bought my first brand new car, a dark blue with gold racing stripes on the side (don’t laugh) AMC Hornet hatchback. Mom would not let me drive it until all the snow was gone. Man was that a long 2 weeks.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thier getting close here Tom, thier not strutting but it won’t be but a couple weeks. Thier always a month befor the hens are ready. When they start strutting I will see them across the street.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Its beautiful in Canada Willy but the winters are way tooo long. No kidding? Julys the only month you haven’t seen snow? I believe it.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

July is the only month that I personally have never seen snow.

I now know why I pick early July to visit Canada.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Rember the April blizzard of 1973? 20 ft drifts in the Har mar mall and no school for dang near two weeks.

I Do! In my home town just 20 minutes south of Des Moines, IA.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.