windows 8 phones

• puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

looking for thoughts on the windows 8 operating system for cell phones. phone would be a htc 8x

herrberg

I’ve had a Windows 7.5 phone for the last 2 years and it is awesome. I have used all operating systems except Apple.

It is the simplest smart phone i have ever seen. I tell people that if I were to design a phone, and make it do everything i want it to do, how i want it to do it, and when i want it to do it – – – – the Windows phone would be it.

Only drawback – limited number of apps are available. This is good though, as all the apps have to pass testing with Windows before they end up in the app store. no bugs!

BBKK
    IA

Navionics doenst work with windows. All fishermen need the navionics app.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

don’t need navionics on the phone. all my electronics are chipped and waterproof. lakemaster is better anyway. i can’t see using a $500 phone for navagation in the boat or icefishing when i already have equipment for that. if they can make a hand held gps that floats and is waterproof, why can’t they make a phone to the same specs? thanks for the response

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

2 months ago I switched from Andriod to Windows 8 on a HTC 8x. Really like the phone and operating system.

Drawbacks:
    Missing a couple of applications that were available on Android but who needs 300 different compass applications?
    The battery life is not as good as the Android phone (Inspire I believe) but I have a bigger screen and I can actually see it in full sunlight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.