Netters caught

• swlund
    Cuba City, WI

The article says tribal members are being charged. My question is it took 3 years to do this? I wonder how much more info was gathered after 1 year– 2 years? I mean how many more fish were lost?

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

The article says tribal members are being charged. My question is it took 3 years to do this? I wonder how much more info was gathered after 1 year– 2 years? I mean how many more fish were lost?

Read the whole article and you will see more info like ” The 21 individuals facing state charges are nontribal members who illegally purchased or sold fish.. It is bigger than just a few tribal members.
    In my thinking the nontribal creeps dealing with the criminal tribal members are just as bad as those that did the crime to begin with. I think the nontribal creeps should be tried as felons. Those in the tribe should face the same wrath from their own courts as they just gave a huge black eye to their own tribe.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You are funny. You think the tribal courts are going to do anyting but slap some wrists. NO all these criminals should be prosecuted at the federal level.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Well it looks like the nontribal will be slapped on the wrist also.

The sale or purchase of less than $50 of game fish is a state misdemeanor and punishable by a maximum fine of $500 and/or up to 90 days of jail. The sale or purchase of more than $50 of game fish is a gross misdemeanor with a minimum fine of $100 and a maximum fine of $3,000 and/or up to a year in jail.
    Fines of tens of thousands divided by 21 sure don’t amount to anything substantial at all.
    Lets hope it goes beyond that or nothing will change.

aspenguide

Well the 21 being charged doesn’t amount to much of anything. Looking at the DNR site it breaks down the charges by county, the number of individuals and possible charges. It appears as if two have already pleaded guilty.
    The first 10 face Federal charges up to 5 years. Regardless, many are still doing this. As long as people buy the fish, someone will be there to sell it.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.