2013 F-150

• joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Anyone have one? Ecoboost or 5.0? Im picking up mine on wednesday and boy am i excited. I got the 5.0 cause it would take alot to make up for the extra $1095 charge for the ecoboost and you cant beat the sound of a V-8! Just wanted opinions of how you like it? Thanks! JOE

blind_eyes

I purchased a 2013 FX4 with the Ecoboost back in December and and absolutely love it. Fuel mileage picked up after 6k miles, getting anywhere from 17-22 mpg on the highway, average of 18 mpg in town. The power/torq is very impressive, especially for being a 3.5 V6. I’m currently living out in Montana and have made a few trips with my boat (1700 Crestliner Super Hawk)and 7.5 x 16′ ice house across North Dakota and was very pleased when my truck had only down shifted twice going up and down the hills throughout the hole entire trip. I’ve made the same trip in my 07 Sierra and just got annoyed with all the down shifting just to maintain speed going up hills. So I think you will be pleased with you’re pickup.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

My buddy Pete test drove both 5.0 and Ecoboost and was surprised that the Ecoboost had a lot more power and speed from 0 to 60 than the 5.0…
    He bought the new Ford 4X4 F150 FX w the 3.5L…it is a sweet ride.

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Excellent choice I have a 2013 F-150 4×4 5.0 and love it. All the power you need and good gas milage all the way through. I average 18.5 mpg so far only 1700 miles on it. I think it will improve. My brother has a 2011 5.0 and averages 20.2 in the summer empty or pulling the boat. I have heard mixed reviews on the milage with a eco-boost engine that’s why I went with the 5.0. Your right take a long time to make up the $1095 in gas milage. I think you will be very happy with it.

tweak

I had a 2009 F-150 with the 5.4 V8 and recently traded for a 2013 Ecoboost. The sound of the 5.0 is awesome. It is smooth and peppier than my old 5.4 for sure. I bought the Ecoboost for the extra torque pulling the family camper and the max tow package. It has turned in good mileage for the power it provides at 17 mpg average for its 5000 miles so far. But you are right, you can’t justify the price difference in gas.

been fishing

i have the 2012 5.0 and like it has 7000 miles on it but i get 13 to 14 mpg pulling my ranger and around 19 with just the truck must be driving to fast

Lil Guppy
    Lake City, Mn

I had an 07 with the 5.4L V8 and traded in October for a 2012 with the 3.5 EcoBoost and I absolutely love it. I do miss the sound of the V8 growling though. This thing is way snappier than the 5.4. It would walk all over my 5.4 from zero to 100 if there was a reason to try it. Passing a vehicle takes half the time now. Went with 3.73 gears and pulls my 18 foot Lund with no problem at all. Have about 4k on it now and gets great mileage but I agree, would take a long time to make up the $1,095 in diffence in fuel price though. I did go to LOW in jan with a buddy who has a 5.4 and he spent $80 more in gas in 1,000 miles round trip. So a little at a time I guess. You’ll like the 5.0 also I’m sure.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

I bought a 2013 F150 5.0 just 2 weeks ago. I was more interested in the 3.5 EcoBoost until I drove the 5.0

The 3.5 EB obviously has more power, but man, the 5.0 plays some sweet music to my ears. I can’t imagine how good it will sound with a Flowmaster, because the factory exhaust sounds pretty darn good.

I don’t tow 11k, but have been towing my trailer/quad ice fishing and don’t know it’s back there. Plenty of power for me.

Coffee
    Burnsville, MN

Bought a 2013 F-150 w/ 3.5 V-6 Ecoboost end of Feb. Absoutley love it. 2-3 MPG better on average than the 5.4 V-8. That’s somewhere in the range of $1200/yr in gas savings alone. Have not pulled my boat with it yet. but the horsepower is 385 with the v-6 vs 380 with the 5.4. I am pleasantly surprised. nothing negative, except the XLT with folding center console does not have nearly the same storage as my previous 2010 XLT.

honda75
    Iowa

That extra grand for the eco boost is nothing. You will make that up in no time with fuel savings. Dad and brother both have 2012 ecoboosts and on the highway they range from 18-21mpg. Pulling the boat they both get 17-18mpg. On top of it the HP and Torque they have is more than the 5.0. Either way though you will love the truck. The crew cabs have more room than a chevy, dodge, or toyota. On top of it as well you bought a truck that isn’t from a foreign or bankrupt company!!!! Good choice!!!

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

huh ? oops !

Interesting read there! I was unaware of that.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

There is a big difference between getting a loan and being bankrupt. Ford kept paying the companies they owed,but the bankrupt companies told their suppliers to shove it up their . Most every person here has owed or borrowed money at sometime in their life. Come on G are you really saying there is no difference between being bankrupt and taking out a loan????

big_g
    Isle, MN

I didn’t say it, but Forbes did

The Obama Administration, dreaming of a million electric cars on the road by 2015, loaned Ford the money to help it pay for development of hybrids and EVs, and to retool its factories to produce smaller, cleaner vehicles. While not characterized as a “bailout” by any means, let’s be honest: Ford’s loan – received at a critical time when other sources of financing weren’t available to automakers or their suppliers – no doubt helped the carmaker survive the industry crisis and contributed to its strong market position today

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Where does Forbes say its anything like going Bankrupt? Kind of sounds like Obammy thinks Fords technology in electric cars was so good they wanted to help get them in production. Yeah it was a tough time back then but any way you slice it Ford didnt go bankrupt like others did

big_g
    Isle, MN

If you can see the part about “let’s be honest” … well lets be honest, if Chrysler would have been “loaned” the money like Ford instead, the shoe would be on the other foot & Chrysler could have paid their bills on the taxpayer too. Obama picking winners and losers, that phrase comes to mind from back then…. plenty of people saying that about the structured bankruptcies … also, if you care to recall, all 3 flew in their big jets, to go in front of congress, to ask for the help. Only after the government offered the help, did Ford say they would not need “more cash than they already got from the gov’t” because if Chrysler and GM went away, Ford would have been bankrupt next, as they could not possibly keep all their current suppliers in business by themselves what I say is, buy the right truck for you, not because supposedly, one didn’t take a bailout or go bankrupt… if you want to look at it that way, then might I suggest to buy from the one’s who paid you (the taxpayer) back

corey_waller
    hastings mn

First off I agree to buy the truck that fits you best. We sell plenty of new Dodge Trucks down the street at our other store, although I bleed Ford blue I still say pick the right truck for the individual. They all make good trucks, In an attempt to end this Ford / dodge debate I will call for a cease fire and not dig up the facts that Chrysler has NOT paid the Government in full from their bankruptcy. While agreeing Ford has NOT paid the government in full from their loans as well.
    peace out

PB2

Quote:

huh ? oops !

So Chrysler is owned by Fiat now?

LOL…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

First off I agree to buy the truck that fits you best. We sell plenty of new Dodge Trucks down the street at our other store, although I bleed Ford blue I still say pick the right truck for the individual. They all make good trucks, In an attempt to end this Ford / dodge debate I will call for a cease fire and not dig up the facts that Chrysler has NOT paid the Government in full from their bankruptcy. While agreeing Ford has NOT paid the government in full from their loans as well.
    peace out

ooooooo doggy, you boys wouldnt believe the acceleration of my new Chevy 6.2

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Only you Mike… Im thinking both Me and G could give lots of reasons not to buy a Chebby

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Let me get my raptor out and we can see.. lol

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Let me get my raptor out and we can see.. lol

Raptor smaptor.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Only you Mike… Im thinking both Me and G could give lots of reasons not to buy a Chebby

Be nice. My wife needs a car and she likes Fords and Dodges. I have no idea what’s wrong with her….

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Wondering why she married a wierdo like you

honda75
    Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

peace out

ooooooo doggy, you boys wouldnt believe the acceleration of my new Chevy 6.2

Your 6.2 will pass everything but a gas station!!! I bet the ecoboost would blow your doors off.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.